Lynai's Reviews > The Princess & the Penis

The Princess & the Penis by R.J. Silver

May 23, 2011

bookshelves: ebook
Read from May 23 to 24, 2011

The Princess and the Penis is a quick and short read. In just 40 pages (in epub format), the author has managed to weave a hilarious story about a beautiful and kind-hearted princess named Amalia who was so over-protected by her father that no male could ever approach her and forbade all matters about love or romance to be discussed with her. This was to preserve her purity and innocent when the time came for her to marry. One day, Amalia arrived at breakfast complaining that she wasn’t able to get any sleep because of a lump in her bed. For several days, nobody can seem to solve the problem about the annoying lump in Amalia’s bed, which, when she described it, closely resembles a giant male organ. Of course, the king was greatly agitated considering that Prince Rupert from a wealthy kingdom is coming to claim the princess as her wife. How Amalia would finally uncover the mystery of this enormous lump on her bed, and the unsuccessful attempts of her strict father to remove this temptation from his chaste daughter are all exceedingly hilarious.

What I like about The Princess and the Penis is that even though it deals with a supposedly censored subject and premise, still it was able to modestly get away with it without making the reader feel uncomfortable or guilty. And since it is told in a fairy-tale manner, you get the feeling that you are reading a children’s book except that from time to time that P word pops up, no pun intended. And I especially like the funny, witty exchanges between Aunt Leila and Aunt Ingrid during the “sex education” of Princess Amalia. I think this is a timely read, considering the hot topic of the Reproductive Health Bill in the country. RJ Silver is definitely a genius for coming up with this very original idea of a comedy.

Excerpt from It's A Wonderful Bookworld.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Princess & the Penis.

05/23
2.0% "This is such a crazy title! Haha!" 11 comments
05/24
72.0% "This is such a laugh out loud story! :))"
01/11 marked as: read

Kwesi 章英狮 God, na shock ako sa title.

Ranee pang RH bill!

Apokripos Kwesi 章英狮 wrote: "God, na shock ako sa title."

Ang OA ng reaction, huh. Para namang wala ka niyan.

Nyahahaha! :D

Lynai Guys, you might want to read it. Free lang sya sa Goodreads. And it's short. :D

Kwesi dear, basahin mo and write a review. Kaya mo yan. Go! ;)

Doc Ranee, pwede! Nag-iisip pako ng profound na lesson from this story. Haha!

Kwesi 章英狮 Jzhun, na shock lang ako sa title di ko naman sinabing wala ako nun, yung ano. Haha!

Kwesi 章英狮 Lynai, since libre babasahin ko na rin to. Haha, matatapus ako mamayang gabi.

Lynai Yay! Post a review ok? :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Tinatamad ako gumawa, haha.

Joselito Honestly and Brilliantly I'm curious, how big is the Princess here?

Lynai Joselito wrote: "I'm curious, how big is the Princess here?"

It's not mentioned in the story. But now that you've mentioned it, I wonder too. :D

message 11: by Anera (new) - added it

Anera Hi Lynai :) Could I be that inapropriate to ask you if you would like to send me via e-mail the book? I am not able to buy online and the book isn't free any more :)

Lynai Anera: Hi! Oh, the book isn't free anymore? Sure send me your email. :)