Kristin's Reviews > Raising Demons

Raising Demons by Shirley Jackson

bookshelves: books-i-own

Goodness, I enjoyed this so much! Maybe even more than the first one. This one had me giggling and laughing out loud multiple times, which is very rare for me with a book. It also seemed to have more of a nostalgic feel, with the mother reminiscing as her children grow up, which didn't really happen in the first one. Some of the stories do go on just a little too long and become dull, but in general her comedic timing is incredible. I can't believe this is the same woman who wrote The Haunting of Hill House!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raising Demons.

July 22, 2016 – Shelved
July 22, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
December 25, 2016 – Shelved as: books-i-own
January 20, 2018 – Started Reading
January 27, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Tayler McCrery I've been meaning to read Life Among the Savages for ages! You've convinced me to pick that up soon, so that I can get to this one eventually. ;)

Kristin Tayler wrote: "I've been meaning to read Life Among the Savages for ages! You've convinced me to pick that up soon, so that I can get to this one eventually. ;)"

Yeah, Life Among the Savages was one of my favorite reads last year, but I enjoyed this one even more!

Tayler McCrery I flew through the audiobook of Life Among Savages today (since I had a mindless project at work, and the audiobook happened to be available from the library :), and it was so fun! My library had the ebook of Raising Demons available, so I started that this evening. I'm excited. :D

Kristin Tayler wrote: "I flew through the audiobook of Life Among Savages today (since I had a mindless project at work, and the audiobook happened to be available from the library :), and it was so fun! My library had t..."

I'm glad! :)