Shannon Youngblood's Reviews > How The Warrior Fell

How The Warrior Fell by Nicole René

Jul 22, 2016

bookshelves: blog-books, all-time-favorites, dark, historical-other, ugly-cry, rape
Read from August 13 to 18, 2016

**5 I DIDN’T GET ANY SLEEP STARS!!!!**

Yeah, you read that right! I stayed up all night reading this. I couldn’t put it down! Once I started, I couldn’t stop, and now. Here I sit. At work. Bone Tired, but totally ok with it!

Where do I even start with this review? There’s so much I want to say, but I also don’t want to give anything away. I’m gonna start with my characters and go from there. Leawyn-- God I love her. I love everything about her. From her strong will to her open heart, to the love she shows for everyone around her, even in the WORST possible times. Not only does she have a strong will (i.e. Stubborn), she’s also emotionally strong. She’s taken this crap hand she was dealt and is dealing with it, with as much grace and poise as she can, and she does amazingly well.

Xavier--I wanna punch him. I wanna punch him in his damn throat! And then, I want to hate eff him (Don’t want to get too vulgar here). I want all of him, every single bit. He’s such an arrogant, cynical, sexy, sinister, amazing, perfect warrior man. If I lived in the time period of this book, I would go out of my way to catch his attention, no matter how scary he is. I want him to wrap his big strong muscles around me and hold me close, and then throw me against the wall and raise my skirt ;) God! I just can’t. I hated him at first, you will too, and then you’ll love him. I can promise you that!

I loved Tyronian, he reminded me of my best friend, funny, charming, and just an overall good guy. I was torn with Tristan, loving him, hating him, and then loving him again.

This book, literally ticked every single box for me. It was sad, it was funny, it was beautiful. It made me cry, and laugh, and smile. It’s one of those books that you’ll definitely remember long after you’ve finished and moved on to other books. You’ll compare other books in the genre with this one, and it just won’t stand up to it.

From what I understand this is the debut novel for Nicole Rene, and I’m gonna predict that it won’t be the last time I hear about her. If all of her future novels are this good, she is going to be someone to watch out for in the future. I can’t wait to read the next book in the series! Thank you so much Nicole Rene for intriguing my mind and hindering my sleep ;)

*ARC provided by Author in exchange for an honest review.
Reviewed by Shannon from Alpha Book Club
descriptiondescription
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How The Warrior Fell.

07/22/2016 marked as: in-queue