Mariah Roze's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

liked it
Read 2 times. Last read July 23, 2016 to July 31, 2016.

2.5 stars - generously rounding it up to 3 stars!

This is my first time reading this book and I totally understand why everyone says this is the worst out of the series. Nothing happened during this book till the last three chapters and even then the action parts were very slow. I am giving this book a 3 stars pearly because J.K. Rowling is good writer and it is easy to read her books.

Also, I read this book as a "Couples Read" with my boyfriend and I am really hoping that the movie is better than the book.

Also (times two), I keep getting told to continue reading the series because the third book is really good, so I might give that a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

July 22, 2016 – Shelved
July 22, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 23, 2016 – Started Reading
July 26, 2016 –
page 120
35.19% "This is my first time reading this book and I totally understand why everyone says this is the worst out of the series…. I am almost halfway through the book and nothing has happened (besides them flying the car). I hope this changes soon..."
July 31, 2016 – Finished Reading
March 9, 2018 – Started Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)
March 9, 2018 – Shelved (Other Hardcover Edition)
April 13, 2018 – Finished Reading (Other Hardcover Edition)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

Mariah Roze Candy ♪ Loves♪ ┼ Music = Books wrote: "Happy reading - I think we have a Harry potter week as everywhere I look there is someone reading this novels :D"

Haha so true! Well the new Harry Potter book came out at midnight last night :p

Shushan I say continue reading the series FOR SURE. Only stop if you're not into it by the fourth or fifth book.

Mariah Roze Ginny Potter wrote: "I say continue reading the series FOR SURE. Only stop if you're not into it by the fourth or fifth book."

Thank you for the Advice!

Andrew I gave up on this book midway through.

Mariah Roze Andrew did u read the rest of the series?