Natalie The Biblioholic's Reviews > Detecting Lust: an erotic detective novel (Sin)

Detecting Lust by Mikey Lee

bookshelves: erotic, contemporary, feds-police
Recommended to Natalie by: Pam Nelson

Before I start my review, I would like to thank Ms. Pam Nelson for this book. You didn't have to do it but I'm so grateful that you did.

awesome

Ok so this book was freaking fantastic! Everything about it was bloody genius! I'm not sure how the author came up with this stuff but he's AMAZING!!

Seth and Zee were what married couples should look like and be about. They were still in love, still hot for each other, supportive, considerate, passionate, etc. They were absolutely beautiful together.

Told mainly from Seth's POV, he's a detective for the SVU and he's brilliant at his job. One of his cases is the basis for the plot. Despite the somber, heavy subject matter, this story came off as a light read. Go figure. While at work, Seth showed us that he was actually all around, not just with his wife. He was compassionate, dedicated and determined.

I took a star away for 2 reasons:

1. Ashley was obviously infatuated with Seth (and he knew it), but there wasn't a time where I felt that she was put in her place. He didn't show or tell her about being married and I felt this unresolved issue could be a problem. He didn't even mention it to Zee in passing :(

2. I felt like the ending wasn't really The End. I wanted more and I hope to get it ;)

This author is new to me but he's definitely one to watch. I can't wait to read more of his books because he is MEGA talented.

XO

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Detecting Lust.

July 21, 2016 – Shelved
July 21, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
Started Reading
July 24, 2016 – Shelved as: erotic
July 24, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary
July 24, 2016 – Shelved as: feds-police
July 24, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)

message 1: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Nelson Ha! Yes!! I am so glad you liked it as much as I did.

Thank you for mentioning me you truly didn't have to do that. Your just as wicked, you like my reviews and comment on them. Thank you for that.

message 2: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

Natalie The Biblioholic Pam wrote: "Ha! Yes!! I am so glad you liked it as much as I did.

Thank you..."

I think that's what being friends is all about. Even GR friends. And I throughly appreciate your friendship. xoxo

Do you happen to know if book 2 is about the same characters?

Natalie The Biblioholic Jessica's wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Thanks Jessica xoxo

message 5: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Nelson Natalie wrote: "Pam wrote: "Ha! Yes!! I am so glad you liked it as much as I did.
And I agree with your review 100% And why you took a star away. I also agree this author has MEGA talent. Can't wait for book 2 :)..."

Yes in the frat group he and a few other male authors are in. He does a morning live on fb video and he said its a series with Detective Seth Lane. Possibly released in September sometime.

So yay!! Can't freaking wait :)

Natalie The Biblioholic ♫♫♫ ♥♥♥ Candy ♪ Loves♪ Music ┼ Books ♫♫♫ ♥♥♥ wrote: "Another stunning review Natalie ..... (¯`v´¯)♥"

Thanks Candy xoxo