Jason's Reviews > Occupied

Occupied by Joss Sheldon

Jul 21, 2016

liked it

I read another review on this book before starting this book and I want to start by saying I agree with their review and that is, this book is like no other book I have ever read, dare I say this book is nothing like anything you have ever read !
If you are the type of person who is curious on what's going on in the middle east and western civilization, or if you like to debate on how different societies are good and bad this book is for you.
I cannot tell you how many times I wished I had a highlighter, a pen and pad because Joss Sheldon captures certain things in society that I was just nodding my head in agreement with, but does it in such a way that is almost an art form in itself. He captures certain things in everyday life, such as advertising, we do not realize how often and how we are being introduced to different products each day, some ways are rather obvious, and straight forward, others are very subtle. We do not even realize that we are part of this huge machine, of commercialism, we think we are free to do as we wish, but are we truly free? We go to work for a company, we buy things which or obtain credit which become our shackles in today's world.
Joss Sheldon has us look at four different characters we watch each of them go through different stages in their lives childhood, to young adult to some becoming parents themselves. I gave the story occupied three stars because I feel in the start of the story it was hard to keep track of each character to keep some of the names in order, however that did not discourage me because I was so fascinated by the story itself. Joss Sheldon writes ,certain characters throughout the story, like the batty old lady, one of my favorites, she crosses paths with each of the characters at pivotal moments in each lives. He rewrites certain moments over and over throughout there lives, it truly is one of a kind, read.
Goodread, Great Writing !
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Occupied.

July 21, 2016 – Started Reading