Shannon Thompson's Reviews > A Thousand Pieces of You

A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray

bookshelves: sci-fi

Not going to lie, I opened this book and never put it down. I read it all night long, and I don’t regret it one bit. A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray is sci-fi perfection. Jumping between dimensions? Yes. Romantic subplots? YES. Super cool scientific multicultural family? SUPER YES. I loved all the characters, and I thought the way everyone blended together across dimensions was flawless, lovely, and exciting. Despite all the crazy technology, the teenage protagonist was realistic and relatable and hilarious. I enjoyed watching her navigate worlds and her various emotions dealing with her life and with the ethics of what she was doing. Basically, you jump from dimension to dimension—worlds only slightly different from ours—and you jump straight into yourself. So, you control your other life…which has some interesting effects. Though the premise and protagonist is interesting enough to propel the story forward, the overhanging mystery of a murder is engaging and thrilling. The ending is satisfying. I absolutely recommend this read. It’s one of my favorite 2016 reads so far.
~SAT
Recommended to: YA sci-fi fans who want to also swoon for some romance. Those interested in dimensions and worlds slightly different from ours.
Favorite Quote: I meant it when I said I didn’t believe in love at fight sight. It takes time to really, truly fall for someone. Yet I believe in a moment. A moment when you glimpse the truth within someone, and they glimpse the truth within you. In that moment, you don’t belong to yourself any longer, not completely. Part of you belongs to him; part of him belongs to you. After that, you can’t take it back, no matter how much you want to, no matter how hard you try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Thousand Pieces of You.

July 20, 2016 – Started Reading