Aldii - perfectioninbooks's Reviews > Son of Set

Son of Set by Kelsey Ketch

25190325

bookshelves: 2016

It has been almost a year since I read the first book but I enjoyed this so much!

The Writing:
I really like the writing, I enjoy reading this and always want to know more. There are many POVs through this book, the times we read from Sean's POV I just wanted to go back to Seth and Natti but I understand that for the story is great to see Sean's POV but I still wanted to be all time with Seth and Natti.

The Story:
Since it has been a long time I read this, I was afraid I would have forgotten everything or wouldn't enjoy the story. Being honest, I had forgotten lots of things but I remembered the main things of the plot and as I began reading this second book I remembered more stuff. Thankfully, the second thing didn't happen. I enjoyed this story a lot!
First off, let me tell you that if you enjoy mythology then you definitely need to give this a try. I just love how this story has mythology in everything Since I'm a lover of mythology I really enjoyed it.
Then, we have this great romance. It's not an obvious romance, it's quite complicated and they fall for each other slowly, facing all obstacles. I loved that. Nothing is rushed, just everything goes at their pace.
There is quite a lot of action here, which I enjoyed not being too much but not missing them.
Lastly I want to say that there were a few things we discovered at the end that surprised me and I'm really curious to read the next book.
This is an adventure story, with romance and a lot of mythology.

The Characters:
Natti: I didn't remember her well and was afraid I wouldn't like her, that she would frustrate me but I'm so happy that didn't happen. I would say other thing, I really like her. She is down to earth, she listens while she has her own voice. I really enjoyed reading her.
Seth: I like him though there is still a lot going on for him. He made a big difficult choice but he stands with what he did. He doesn't fear and he loves with all his heart. The only thing I would say is that he needs to listen Natti more but by the end of the book I think he gets that.
Both of these characters will go thorugh a lot in the next book and I really want to read that.
Sean: The big villain here, I just can't stand him, hate him. Just ugh.

So, as I said, this is an adventure story with romance and full of mythology. A main female character that is decided, thinks about others while having her own voice that will grow in the next book in powers and her personality. A main male character that is a cutie when he wants, sexy all times but that has some though times in the future.
Do I want to read the next book? Definitely.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Son of Set.

July 20, 2016 – Started Reading