Pam's Reviews > Deadworld

Deadworld by J.N. Duncan

May 23, 2011

Read from May 23 to 26, 2011

Great Book!!

I love finding "new to me" authors. J.N. Duncan has a great debut book with Deadworld. He is added to my list of authors I will always buy books from.

Deadworld was just sitting on a store shelf when I walked by several times, but something about the "blurb" on the back had me picking it up and buying it. And I am so glad I did.

Deadworld is about an FBI agent (Jackie) who is trying to solve a murder with several "otherworldly" aspects about it. She is not above believing in strange things since her best friend and partner is a medium and they have seen "different" several times in their line of work. However, this could be more than they can handle. They meet a mysterious PI (Nick Anderson) while investigating and along with his friends (a ghost, vampire and another medium) they try to help the FBI as much as possible yet withholding many facts. Nick has several secrets about his past and the fact that the murderer, Drake is not unknown to Nick brings many questions about what and who he is.

Deadworld has an evil villian who is out for revenge, wonderful "world" building and many twisted parts that keep you turning the page until the end. Great!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadworld.