Lizette Baker's Reviews > You Can't Crack Me.... I'm a Rubber Duck!

You Can't Crack Me.... I'm a Rubber Duck! by Charlie Northage

You Can't Crack Me...I'm a Rubber Duck by Charlie Northage is a memoir of substance.
You can tell Charlie put his heart and soul into writing this book, and for someone who did not attend school, this is an awesome accomplishment. Charlie takes you on an emotional journey through the climax and pitfalls of his life, of which there are many. However, it is a down to earth, easy read and flows chronologically, much like a diary.

The language is not always fragrant, yet it reveals the depth of emotion Charlie felt and conveys well throughout. You can tell it has been quite a rollercoaster of a journey for Charlie, but just like his rubber duck, he has definitely held on tight!

The accounts of his children and later the PTSD are very traumatic and show how our life's choices are fundamental. Charlie is indeed a survivor and refers to every crisis as "another lesson learned."

I loved reading this book as you can really feel the warmth and sincerity of this man on every page. It is an honest account and I love the way Charlie also has a great sense of humour which I believe is what has carried him this far, and makes for entertaining reading.

I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves reading about 'real' life but most of all, I hope Charlie's children read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You Can't Crack Me.... I'm a Rubber Duck!.

Finished Reading
July 20, 2016 – Shelved

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Ansbro A thoughtful, well-crafted review, Lizette!

message 2: by Charlie (new)

Charlie Northage Thank you Lizette, for the honest, thoughtful and lovely review! It means such a lot to me. Apologies for the late reply. You know why!
BIG thank you once again! :)