Sybil aka Lala's Reviews > Stroked

Stroked by Meghan Quinn

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, cute, dip-me-in-chocolate, funny, i-did-it-all-for-the-cover

I worry about Meghan Quinn…

I worry about the kind of mind that can come up with the kind farcical situations she dreams up and I pray to god that nobody lets her drive a vehicle.

I would also like to one day not love what she writes. I’d like to just one day go: ’Eh, it wasn’t so great.’ Ya know, just for shits and gigs to keep things interesting. But as soon as I think I know what to expect from this woman and her quirky humour, she surprises me again. Meghan Quinn is queen of the Rom-Com!

This book is entitled Stroked. I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with swimming and rather is just Ms Quinn’s way of giving you a warning about reading this book because…

You will have Stroked out laughing
Hilarious isn’t word enough to describe this book. This book is borderline slap-stick with some witty humour and astute observation thrown into the mix. The banter between characters is entertaining and the characters beyond quirky. It makes you wish you knew people like this. Then you add in the ridiculous situations these loveable characters find themselves in the tears were rolling down my face. It’s almost like a train wreck. You know something horrible is about to happen but you cannot look away. I was cringing with embarrassment for these characters and their awkwardness but this book also had my toes curling with enjoyment.

If you didn’t feel an intense urge to have your kitty Stroked, there’s a problem
The chemistry and sexual tension between Reese and Peyton was on fire. Peyton had some pretty important reasons not to succumb to Reese’s charm while Reese was like a dog with a bone with his need to make Peyton his. It all added just the perfect amount of angst in an already un-put-down-able read. The things that came out of Reese’s mouth had my lady bits swooning all over the place! It all translated into passionate moments that were intense, heated and hot as hell!

You will need to have your back Stroked while recovering from this book
This book was just about perfect. It was creatively written with a character I loved to hate. It was hot and sexy and funny. It had a hero that was impossible not to fall for and a heroine that is hard not to adore. This one gave me a book hangover of note and I definitely recommend it to those looking for a sweet read that will have them howling with laughter.

(ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stroked.

Finished Reading
July 20, 2016 – Shelved
July 20, 2016 – Shelved as: cute
July 20, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary-romance
July 20, 2016 – Shelved as: dip-me-in-chocolate
July 20, 2016 – Shelved as: funny
July 20, 2016 – Shelved as: i-did-it-all-for-the-cover

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Mette (new) - added it

Mette Aww I've got to read this book after reading your review!! xoxo

Sybil aka Lala Mette wrote: "Aww I've got to read this book after reading your review!! xoxo"

LOL it's ridiculously funny!

message 3: by DW (new) - rated it 3 stars

DW Love the review, Sybil :)

message 4: by Candace (new)

Candace Great review, Sybil! :)

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Just started this one lol So far so good. Great review, dear ♥♥♥

Sybil aka Lala ✤Maria✤ wrote: "Just started this one lol So far so good. Great review, dear ♥♥♥"

Can't wait to see what you think of it!

Sybil aka Lala Candace wrote: "Great review, Sybil! :)"

DW wrote: "Love the review, Sybil :)"

Thanks, lovelies xoxo