Ananya's Reviews > Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

May 23, 2011

Recommended for: every fan of skewed love stories

Oh. My. God. What a peculiar book ! I simply loved it. So dark and twisted , it got me hooked. I liked Mr Lockwood and Hareton, the most. It hurt me that Hareton mourned so much for Heathcliff on the latter's grave! Did I miss something? Why DID he? What kind of attachment did he have with Heathcliff? As for Heathcliff, he's a mad man to me. I still need to understand why anyone would have a liking for that kind of person. He most definitely needed a psychiatrist.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wuthering Heights.

Quotes Ananya Liked

Emily Brontë
“I gave him my heart, and he took and pinched it to death; and flung it back to me. People feel with their hearts, Ellen, and since he has destroyed mine, I have not power to feel for him.”

Emily Brontë
“Catherine Earnshaw, may you not rest as long as I am living. You said I killed you--haunt me then. The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe--I know that ghosts have wandered the earth. Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad. Only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! It is unutterable! I cannot live without my life! I cannot live without my soul!”

Emily Brontë
“Kiss me again, but don't let me see your eyes! I forgive what you have done to me. I love my murderer--but yours! How can I?”

May 23, 2011 – Shelved
June 9, 2011 – Started Reading
June 9, 2011 –
26.0% "Hate Catherine ! xC"
June 11, 2011 –
50.0% "Everyone is literally MAD in the story, except Ellen and Lockwood!!!"
June 11, 2011 –
65.0% "now I know who I like: HARETON!!!! :D"
June 14, 2011 –
84.0% "Both the Catherines are STUPID. Bleh."
June 15, 2011 –
88.0% "Finally this book is coming to an end!!"
June 16, 2011 – Finished Reading