Pati's Reviews > Balancing Act

Balancing Act by K. Vale

liked it
bookshelves: dbml, m-m, own-not-lendable, read-2016, romance

I received this book from the author through the GoodReads M/M Romance group's, Don't Buy Me Love program, in exchange for a fair and honest review.

First I must admit that while I've read Double Takes (Shooting Stars #2) & Hard Act to Follow (Shooting Stars #3) I do not remember them.

Even though in my review of book #3 I wrote "I love Kyrie, absolutely adore his flamboyant little spastic heart! That young man is just the sweetest, funniest guy." I still have no memory of him. That is not a reflection on the books it's just that I have a notoriously bad memory.

Therefore, I can say that although I'd recommend reading at least 'Hard Act To Follow' before this book it's not absolutely necessary. Whether or not someone has read the earlier books in this series they will not be lost.

After reading Greg think... "Yes, he had a tiny niggle of guilt this was a sleight of hand to keep Kyrie from noticing...." and ...."because a happy Kyrie meant a happy Greg." and finally, "He shook Kyrie's shoulders to pile on the bullshit thicker..." SMH... I really wanted to smack Greg upside the head. I progressed from wanting to smack him to wanting Kyrie to dump him. I wish that I could say that by the end I'd totally forgiven Greg and wanted their HEA but I honestly can't. It was wrapped up too quickly and easily. Had we seen Greg repenting for his stupid, selfishness....if the book had been a little longer.... then maybe I'd have forgiven him but as it stands I still want to smack him and I still want Kyrie to have a man that unashamedly adores him.

However, all that being said I am still a K. Vale fan and look forward to future books in this series. Dare I hope that Anders story is next? (hint,hint)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Balancing Act.

July 19, 2016 – Started Reading
July 19, 2016 – Shelved
July 19, 2016 – Shelved as: dbml
July 19, 2016 – Shelved as: m-m
July 19, 2016 – Shelved as: own-not-lendable
July 19, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
July 19, 2016 – Shelved as: romance
July 23, 2016 –
4.0% "LOL! Now The Time Warp is running through my brain!!! LMAO! Pelvic thrusts!! LOL!!"
July 23, 2016 –
23.0% "Ugh!! Hella is not a word!!!"
July 24, 2016 – Finished Reading