Abhi Yerra's Reviews > Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers

Crossing the Chasm by Geoffrey A. Moore

I wish I read this book like 5 years ago when I started in the tech industry. Moore covers how to successfully transition from an early stage market to the general populace and how to make this transition. This "crossing of the chasm" is very much pick a market segment, win that segment and move to the next segment.

However, he also discusses how this affects early employees who may not handle the chasm crossing well. When the chasm is crossed the market you are targeting expects different things from the early market. It doesn't care about the novelty of the technology. The crossing of the chasm changes a company from being engineering lead to being product lead. It is no longer about the core product but the full product. That is the one lesson I wish learned much earlier as it would have given me much less grief working in the industry.

All in all a great book and I am going to read it again because there is so much information in it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crossing the Chasm.

Started Reading