Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Complexity

Complexity by Harper Miller

bookshelves: favorites, mm-romance

5 Stars!!!!!
This book was absolutely amazing.
Just wow!

*An ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review*

"Complexity" The Kinky Chronicles book Four by Harper Miller was such a great book! I was absolutely engrossed from the first page and I hated that it was so short! Only 95 pages. "Complexity" is part of The Kinky Chronicles series but I personally found the romance in this novella intense rather than kinky. The relationship was believable as well as heartbreaking and tear inducing. This novella tells a story of love and the many obstacles that stood in the way of these two absolutely beautiful and "real" men. They had passion and problems and I was rooting for their HEA. Manny and Chris....<3<3<3

I'm gonna say it over and over; I loved these guys so much! I believed every word of this story; there was no "fluff" here. Nope. None at all. My heart just swelled for Manny and Chris. I worried, I cried, I was afraid for them but at the end I did smile. Big, goofy smile. Yeah and I felt like crying again too but they were happy so I was too.

Manny is a personal trainer just trying to make ends meet and save enough to open his own gym. Manny is bisexual and extremely sexually active. He hasn't been in love or had any luck with relationships. But he wants those things. Manny is thirty-five and has little hope of finding his HEA. I felt so sad for Manny because he believed he would never find love. Yes, he had the love of his family: his mom, grandmother and brother Juan. Not many people knew Manny was a bisexual, just his mom and his grandmother along with a small handful of friends. Manny was afraid to tell Juan, of what his brother would think of him.

Chris was almost the complete opposite of Manny. Not only was Christ blond-haired, blue-eyed and gorgeous, he was a famous Hollywood actor. Chris was a 100% closeted homosexual. I felt so sad for him. His fear of anyone finding out was real. He was afraid he would ruin his career, his life. And he was willing to sacrifice love for it.

Manny and Chris meet on Kinkysinglesconnect.com, where they arrange to meet discreetly at a hotel for a drink. Neither knew what the other looked like. At least not their faces. When Manny walks into the hotel room and sees Chris for the fist time and recognizes his hook-up as Christopher Kaine the celebrity, he is angry. At first he thinks it's a joke and Chris insists it isn't. Manny thinks it's a very bad idea to get involved with Chris in a "secret" relationship. Manny worries this could be a situation where he ends up with a broken heart. I won't say he doesn't. Their journey to love is tough. These two were complex characters; the diversity between their background and lives was real. The dialogue between them was believable and I felt a connection with each one of them. Of course I would; I was rooting for them from page one! While reading, I could believe I was in the room with them. I felt their pain and fear. I felt their doubts and desires. And I was so thrilled with their HEA! It was a little predictable but I wouldn't have it any other way. Despite the "kinky" in the series title, I didn't feeling this book was smutty or dirty. Their feelings for each other was intense from the beginning, even before they fell in love. It was beautiful! This author has such a talent for pulling you in.

This was my first book by Harper Miller and I will definitely read more from her! There are a lot of different ratings for this book but for me it had all the "feels." If I could give more than 5 Stars, I would.

Oh...don't forget to go online to read the epilogue. This story was written in Manny's POV, but we hear from Chris in the epilogue.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Complexity.

July 19, 2016 – Shelved