Wil Loves Books!'s Reviews > Stroked

Stroked by Meghan Quinn

bookshelves: arc

I have reached the conclusion that I absolutely trust Meghan Quinn. I know that she will always deliver a combination of funny, over the top drama and swoony romance. You know you’re in for a ride when you read her books. You know you’re going to get some really funny stuff and you’re amazed at the stuff that comes out of her mind, lol!

Stroked is no exception, this was ridiculously funny, emphasis on the ridiculous! When I found out Meghan was writing an Olympic themed romance, I was sold. And when I saw the cover, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this one. I mean, look at that perfect specimen of a man in that cover, sigh.

So, what can I say about Stroked. This was swoony, hot, light-hearted, hilarious and absolutely ridiculous. It’s a little unconventional in the way that is written, it has 3 POVs, one of them the “villain” of the story, and overall I enjoyed it, a lot.

The hero, Reese King is super awesome. He is Olympic royalty, having gone to various Olympics and winning a few silver medals. He is also mocked by the media by his inability to win Olympic gold and being dubbed the Silver Stroke. He is also gorgeous, an underwear model and was named Sexiest Man Alive. But he was so sweet, caring and endearing too. I loved him lots.

“Everything about him captivated me. From the way his body moved with confidence and power, to the deep husky tone of his voice, to the slight crinkle by his eyes that shows his age. From the way he spoke to me, a side of gentle in his voice, I felt myself melting all over the floor, willing myself not to turn into a ball of mush.”

Paisley is equally likeable. She’s a college graduate who had her heart set on having a career in film production. She worked hard to get to the top but an unfortunate mistake cost her everything she worked for. As a result, she has to take a job as the assistant to the world’s vilest celebrity. But Paisley is awesome, she is gorgeous, and super sassy and Reese is captivated with her from the first time he sees her.

Did she feel the same way I felt? The burning need to get to know each other, mentally and intimately? Did she feel the electricity starting to build between us as well? A spark so heavy, that if our lips connect, it will feel like the entire room will explode?”

The only problem is Bellini, who is Reese’s “fake” girlfriend and the star of her own reality show. She’s Paisley’s boss and she’s just plain awful. The stuff that comes out of her mind is equal parts vile and equal parts hilarious. However, I didn’t care much for her POV. It didn’t really work for me, and that’s probably the main reason why this is not a 5 star for me, because I just didn’t care to be inside her mind.

“It’s so hard being me. I’m so popular, everyone wants to be me, and do you know what? I don’t blame them? How can I? If I saw such a specimen walking down the streets of Rodeo Drive, I would strive to be just like me as well.”

Ugh, I just couldn’t deal with her and her wicked ways. She’s instantly jealous of Paisley, because she’s just so much better and because she can definitely sense that Reese and her have an instant connection. Which makes for a great villain. I just could have done without her POV.

I loved the relationship between Paisley and Reese, to me that’s what makes the book worth reading. It develops at a great pace, and everything is so hot and swoony. The sexy times are scorching hot!

Overall this was super sexy and super funny, just like Meghan’s other books. She’s an absolutely must read for me and I definitely recommend this one if you are looking for a hot and funny read. And it's just in time for the Olympics!!!

“Your looks might have gotten me interested, but it’s your heart that will keep me around.”

Wil

**An ARC was generously provided by the author and Wordsmith Publicity in exchange for an honest review**

JOIN THE SISTERHOOD! FIND US ON: FACEBOOK / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER / BLOG

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stroked.

July 19, 2016 – Started Reading
July 19, 2016 – Shelved
July 19, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
July 19, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Barbara➰ (new) - added it

Barbara➰ Great review!

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee Montoya Awesome review!

message 3: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩ Beautiful review! And you're right... Meghan Quinn definitely knows her stuff. xo

Wil Loves Books! Barbara wrote: "Great review!"

Thanks Barbara!

Wil Loves Books! Dee wrote: "Awesome review!"

Thanks Dee!

Wil Loves Books! Natalie wrote: "Beautiful review! And you're right... Meghan Quinn definitely knows her stuff. xo"

Aww thanks! She does! She's so funny ❤️

message 7: by rheeza (new)

rheeza Great review, love! Glad you enjoyed it!