Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~'s Reviews > Hard Rules

Hard Rules by Lisa Renee Jones

bookshelves: arcs

***An ARC was given to me by the author, Lisa Renee Jones, via NetGalley in exchange for a honest review***

Release date August 9, 2016.....

"Hard Rules" by Lisa Renee Jones is book one in her new Dirty Money series. This is my first novel by Lisa so I didn't know what to expect when reading it. I will say I really liked it! This novel tells the story of Shane and Emily. Shane is a lawyer, wealthy, intense and absolutely alpha! Shane is desperately trying to fight against the corruption of his father's company, trying to make the business honest. All the while trying to stay several steps ahead of his reprehensible, villainous brother.

Emily...well let's just say she has secrets! However, on the surface, she is a strong, courageous woman just trying to stay ahead of whatever she is running from.

Shane and Emily have intense burning chemistry and these two can ignite passion like no one's business. Shane was so alpha! Lord that man was sinful and sexy! That being said, Emily was not a pushover. These two are very complex characters that have many secrets with a side of lies on top. I thought the story started out a bit slow but it picked up pretty quickly. I admit that I had to re read the first chapter because I was somewhat confused as to what was happening. There is a great deal of mystery and suspense. In addition, there are many secondary characters making the story even more complex. Personally, I didn't know who to trust. The author had me guessing, that's for sure. The pace of the novel was steady with twists and turns constantly. I recommend paying close attention when reading this so you won't miss anything because there is so much going on and we are left with a bushel of unanswered questions and secrets still hidden. After reading the last few pages, I believe some issues, but not all, will be resolved early on in the next book. Yes this was a cliffhanger but I did know that before I decided to read this. I will definitely read more by this author. I just hope the wait for book two will not kill me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Rules.

July 19, 2016 – Started Reading