Aimee's Reviews > Alibi in High Heels

Alibi in High Heels by Gemma Halliday

May 22, 2011

it was ok
Read in May, 2011

omg, this series is getting real old. THey are quick reads and I can easily fall asleep after a chapter (I read when my baby wakes me up for a night feeding and hope that I can easily fall asleep). There's not too heavy of content, so I don't toss and turn when I close the book and try to sleep. It also is not a pageturner, so I can easily read one chapter and go to sleep.
THe main character...ugg, she makes me gag a lot! She is one of those girls that we disliked in high school because she always needed validation, to prove something to other people, but at the same time, can't do anything without needing someone to come rescue her. SHe is just as annoying as Bella from the Twilight series... get a backbone and think about someone other than yourself!!
Again, the author did a weird thing of developing this male character that wouldn't exist and if he does, he is pathetic. This 'couple' have hardly spent any time with each other and she thinks that he might propose at the beginning of the book, when it's just a key to his house. THeir relationship is built on stressful situations and sex. WHat do they really know of each other? I am also unsure what the author thinks of relationships, when a man can constantly be treated so poorly, mistrusted, lied to, cheated on... but his response is to save her again and again and then propose to her??? get real.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alibi in High Heels.