Hannah-Linn's Reviews > Mad Love

Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors

May 22, 2011

liked it
Read in May, 2011

this was a pretty good book in my opinion. but before i go all crazy book reviewer on y'all :), i just want to say that my review contains some spoilers, ones that dont impact the story all that much, but ones that will make the beginning of the story make a whole lot more sense, unless your that type of person that really wants to start a book with a completely blind idea of what the book is about, im not like that. i always read the last page of the book after i read the first chapter, its a horrible habit.

there were two thing i found really misleading about this book. the first is kind of my fault, because i only read half of te description before buying the book, so i was confused that this book had a sort of supernatural fantasy feel to it, woops. but the weird part is that it cant really be classified like that, because it has more of a real element than most fantasy supernatural kind of books.

the second thing that was REALLY misleading, was that she and errol do not fall in love, at all, whatsoever. They do not end up together. there is another boy, whom she likes. weird right? i was SSSOOO confused, because they honestly make it sound like they fall in love, the other boy isnt even mentioned in the description!! confusing much? it's weird because:
MAJOR SPOILER DO NOT READ ON IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN THE END, NOT THAT IT WAS ONE OF THOSE MAJOR CLIFF-HANGER TYPE BOOKS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU PRETTY MUCH KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE BOOK ON, BUT SKIP THE NEXT PARAGRAPH IF YOU DON'T WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS.

so here it goes, the oddness of the book: Errol dies in the end, yes, cupid dies. cupid has cancer, and alice does not fall in love with cupid (just for a day. :)) she falls in love with the other boy, not to say that Errol doesn't get jelous, because he does.

overall, even though i had no idea what this book was about, i found it quite interesting, and i got a sort of love story even though it wasnt what i was expecting. I liked all of the characters. Just know that there are times in this book where you will be confused. Or i just was because i didn't know what this was about in the first place when i started it... just read the book please! because then you can either agree with me, or make fun of my lack of understanding in a few parts of the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mad Love.