Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews's Reviews > Six Month Rule

Six Month Rule by A.J. Pine

Jul 18, 2016

bookshelves: guiltypleasures-slick

Slick's review posted at Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I loved the first book in author A.J.Pine's Kingston Ale House series, but I like LOVE, LOVE, LOVE with cherries on top Six Month Rule. Two very different people at two very different points in their lives working together on a project that will give one the partnership she desires and give the other the opportunity to change his life completely embark on a six month relationship with no strings and very little sharing of information outside of their interactions leads to one hell of a sexy (like melt your panties off) romp until they both discover they can't control their growing feelings. Pure, raw chemistry, a whole lot of sexy banter, a man with a British accent, a driven woman determined to succeed, made this an outstanding romance and one that I know I'll read again and again.

Holly Chandler is riding high on the success of her latest fashion show and is hoping to be handed the partnership she's worked so hard for so even the "stuck-up British areshole" in the elevator can't get her down until her boss tells her she'll be working with Will Evans (aka the areshole aka "Billy") on an international show and if it goes off without a hitch the desired partnership will be hers.

From their very first interaction, I knew this was going to be an entertaining story filled with the playful, snarky, and sexy banter I love in my romances. I loved these two characters so much in the fact that they seemed to understand each other early on despite not sharing much of their personal lives and history with one another. Will impressed me with how he saw Holly's talent from the start and knew that she was the perfect fit for his design client. I liked that Holly began to understand how hard Will's life was with his commuting back and forth to London every week and tried to make life easier for him. I appreciated that once they decided to act on their attraction and they entered into their agreement of 6 months, no strings that they went for it and didn't look back. While there were a few bumps in the road that gave them both reasons to pause, re-evaluate and step back when working things out they didn't skirt the issues they confronted them head on, talked about them and went forward. Despite the fact that Holly was only 26 and had some pretty messed up views on love and relationships she was very mature in the way she handled everything between her and Will. I also want to get a nod to Will's 6 year old daughter Sophie for her incredible insight and commentary on life and love.

Six Month Rule was simply a well thought out, well written, funny, endearing and sexy romance.

Review copy provided for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Month Rule.

Started Reading