Justine's Reviews > The Indigo Stone

The Indigo Stone by Simone Snaith

bookshelves: fiction, fantasy

I was completely entranced with the book from the moment it started. One of the things I look for when I begin reading a book is how quickly I'm tossed into the story. This book threw me right in within the first few paragraphs. From that point on, I was hooked. Believe it or not, I read this whole book in one sitting.

I loved all the characters in the book. The relationships between them are all unique to the two people involved. It made for a great read. I was glad to see the romance the book was building up to eventually fell into place as well!

The Indigo are the main villains in this book, with the head of the order being Enemy #1, so to speak. I was pleased that you eventually get to hear the head Indigo's story, and that the interactions with him are consistent with what you learned beforehand. I almost felt bad for Indigo, but he was just too evil by the time the story takes place.

A lot of times, I feel a little let down by action sequences. They're not natural to every writer, so it's usually forgivable. This book had decent action scenes. I found the other aspects of the book, like the suspense about whether or not the story will end in a war, much better written, but the action scenes were by no means bad.

The ending of the book was good. The author didn't just drop me off at the end of the war and give me a little prologue. It was an extra chapter that flowed seamlessly from the story, and I was quite happy with the ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Indigo Stone.

July 15, 2016 – Started Reading