Amy Jones's Reviews > The Throne of Fire

The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

bookshelves: favorites

In the Throne of Fire, Carter and Sadie Kane are back with a new mission. The tape they sent out after the conclusion of their quest for the Red Pyramid met the ears of several magicians. This book begins with Carter and Sadie training a handful of new teen magicians at Brooklyn House. In this mythical Egyptian adventure Carter, Sadie and the rest of the Red Pyramid cast of characters return. They are joined by their new team of young magicians and a few new Gods (a really sweet dwarf and a hippo) as they set out on a new quest to awaken Ra, the sun god, the god of order. Apophis, the god of chaos, is getting closer to freeing himself from his prison thanks to Set, the god of evil, and his little stunt at the Red Pyramid. Once again, it is up to the Kanes to maintain the balance between Ma’at (order of the universe) and chaos.
The second installment in Rick Riordan’s Red Pyramid series did not disappoint. The book is packed with action and adventure from cover to cover as Mr. Riordan cleverly scripts to life the legends of Egyptian mythology. This author’s writing style is both intelligent and entertaining. He has perfected a world that is entirely fascinating to the young adult reader and simultaneously intriguing for the mythological enthusiast. He does an excellent job of creating the voices and emotions of teen characters. His writing is equally suspenseful, scary, sad, provoking and funny. Parents and Grand - parents, I beg of you as a mother and a teacher, please place Rick Riordan’s books on your Christmas and birthday lists. Your children will be both entertained and educated after reading them. I highly recommend this book for everyone (ages middle grade and up). I give The Throne of Fire 5 stars.

Amy Jones, author of Soul Quest

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Throne of Fire.

May 22, 2011 – Shelved
June 4, 2011 – Started Reading
June 18, 2011 –
0.0% "I'm about 50% of the way through this book on my kindle and loving it!"
June 28, 2011 – Finished Reading