Tonja Drecker's Reviews > Jesper Jinx and the Scrumptious Snacks

Jesper Jinx and the Scrumptious Snacks by Marko Kitti

I'll admit it. I'm a Jesper Jinx fan and have devoured every book in this series. This book, number five, keeps up the wonderful Jesper Jinx pace and left me wondering when book six will appear.

This book is all about snacks. . .or food which might be considered to fall into that category. With Jesper, it's never clear what turns the story will take. But one thing is sure, whenever Jesper is involved, the results will be unexpected, slightly ridiculous and leave a smile on the reader's face.

As always, the reader is drawn into the story through direct statements from the narrator. In this book, there's even a secrecy contract. Kids take a complete and direct dive into Jesper's world, one which is actually fairly normal and every day if it weren't for strange happenings which keep popping up. The entire thing is accompanied (as in the other books) with simple and very fitting illustrations, which draw a smile all on their own.

Packed with all sorts of zaniness, bits of lopsided logic and moments of sheer silliness, this is a book even reluctant readers will enjoy. Especially boys will sympathize with Jesper and the difficulties he faces with his older sister, or the 'mishaps' he runs into which really aren't necessarily his fault. And as a super bonus, there are even a couple snack recipes at the end.

Summed up, this is a book I highly recommend to especially boys ages 8+ who enjoy goofier reads.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jesper Jinx and the Scrumptious Snacks.

July 17, 2016 – Shelved