Nicole's Reviews > Time Between Us

Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone

liked it

I was really wanting a "fluffy" book that wouldn't require me to work too hard to get into it, that would be quickly entertaining and interesting, and not completely devoid of good writing. Time Between Us filled that role pretty well.

I was drawn in right away by the mystery introduced in the first pages. The writing was easy, but not annoying. I found the characters believable and likable, though the "best friend" was maybe a little too cliche. The pacing of the development in romantic interest and tension was good for me. The pacing and format for revealing the secrets of the time traveling mystery felt a little disjointed, and I wanted more details as to why and how this was even possible, as well as better description of the ins and outs of the rules that control the power.

I wasn't sure I completely believed that Anna and Bennett wouldn't have been a little more active in using the power to be more irresponsible. I thought their greatest moment of irresponsibility in going back to change the past didn't carry enough "umph." Anna didn't seem ashamed or sorry enough for the unintended consequences of that choice, and I was disappointed that there wasn't more information about how the rest of that plot point played out from there.

Despite some unsatisfying plot holes this book still met my desire for entertainment at the time, so overall I liked it. I started the second book in the series and wasn't really drawn in or interested like I was from the beginning of this one. So I doubt I will be finishing the sequel. But at least I got what I came for in this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Time Between Us.

Finished Reading