Jaime Arkin's Reviews > Foolproof Love

Foolproof Love by Katee Robert

bookshelves: contemporary, 2016, read-in-2016, romance

Jules Rodriguez hates the idea that the small town she lives in has her pegged as a spinster already… and all due to her ex Grant dumping her to head to the city for school. But he’s back to take over his father’s law practice and everyone seems to be giving her sad eyes and Grant himself seems to think he’s the only person who Jules is bound to end up with. But she isn’t going to settle for the guy who ditched her, and a chance run in has her turning to Adam Meyer… Devil’s Falls resident escaped bad boy. He’s now a bull rider who is back in town temporarily to care for his ailing mother. When Jules asks him to pretend he’s into her, it sure isn’t a hardship. One steamy kiss later, neither one of them can seem to keep their distance… and not only because they’re pretending to date to keep Grant away.

What a solid start to a new series by Katee Robert. I find that sometimes I’m not a huge fan of some of these Entangled romances, but this one just hit the spot with the hero, the heroine, and the storyline. I really, really enjoyed the characters in this story, and not just our main characters Jules and Adam… which makes me incredibly excited for the next books in this series. Can I just say that Jules job is like my dream. Cups and Cats is a coffee shop where people can come and relax with a cup of coffee and pet a few of the cats she has, and each one of the cats has their own personality! It makes me wonder how successful something like this would be where I live, and how I can make it happen!

But back to our couple at hand… I felt that their connection was believable and the issues that arise between them are believable as well. This one didn’t have any overblown drama for sure, and I really liked that it totally worked! Plus the steam! These two are crazy sexy and Roberts did a great job building that chemistry. Can we also add in the fact that Adam is a Bull Rider… Seriously, cowboys never really do it for me, but for some reason, the idea of this guy on a big angry bull… *sigh*.

The one thing I really disliked was Grant… the way he treated Jules and the way he kept forcing himself in her way… and some of the things he said. UGH… I just wanted Adam to go to town on his face a few times.

Anyway, loved this one, and completely enjoyed it and am definitely looking forward to reading about the other characters in this series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Foolproof Love.

July 17, 2016 – Started Reading