Anjie (LovethyShelf)'s Reviews > Defying Gravity

Defying Gravity by Kendra C. Highley

Jul 16, 2016

bookshelves: 2016, arc, author-req

I would like to thank the author and Entangled Teen for providing me with an Advanced Reader's Copy of Defying Gravity! This in no way affected my opinion of the book.

I was beyond excited and happy to hear that Kendra Highley was publishing a second book to Finding Perfect! I was even more excited when I found out it was a story about Zoey and the Madison brothers. We got to know a lot about Zoey in the first book and one of the reasons why I loved the first book so much was because of her amazing relationship with Paige. I loved that we get to know her even more. She was just as I remembered but even better. We get to see inside her head. She's not just the popular, chic, peppy girl but she's sporty and down to earth. I hope that she lets those at her high school see that side of her because they would think she was even more cooler. As for the brothers ... I fell in love with Parker! Seriously! I didn't think that anyone would be better than Ben but wow. Parker was a lot like Zoey, athletic, loyal, funny, and humble. His humility and sole focus on Zoey are the main reasons why I liked him more than I liked Luke. In all honesty, I didn't like Luke at all. Their athleticism and good looks were just about the only things they had in common. Luke was too much of a playboy and arrogant and just no.

Kendra's writing was just as fantastic here. There were definitely moments of great swooning. I was really worried that it would be one of those bad love triangles but I actually really enjoyed it. The book was a lot of fun to read and I would give it 5 stars solely on entertainment value. It's perfect for a summer read! The pacing was fantastic and I loved the storyline. I also loved the dual POVs! It was great to be able to see what was happening in Zoey's end and what was happening between Parker and Luke. The relationships are fantastic and I really wanted to see more. I just don't understand how Luke can be such a jerk to his kid brother but I don't know ... are all older brothers like that?! Anyway, we even get a little bit of Paige and Ben! I loved that Kendra squeezed them in! I was just smiling from ear to ear when they popped up. I also enjoyed the epilogue and I really wish that there was more. I don't even care what the plot is, I just want more Parker haha!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Defying Gravity.

July 16, 2016 – Started Reading