Corina☞BookTwinsReviews's Reviews > The Raging Ones

The Raging Ones by Krista Ritchie

bookshelves: young-adult, science-fiction, duology, cliffhanger

IT'S LIVE!!!! This unique YA science novel should be on anyone's reading list.

Reading a truly original story is something very special nowadays. The Raging Ones was special. The novel was unique from beginning to end - especially the END!!!! Remarkable, spellbinding and fascinating, I didn't want it to end, especially not after such an epic ending.

I deeply cared about Mykal, Court and Franny. They had an absolutely unique relationship that fascinated me from the very beginning. I'm beyond amazed by the authors imagination and creativity. Again and again I caught myself being astonished by events, and surprised by certain twists and turns.

And OMG the ending - I did not see it coming. The ingenuity, and originality left me speechless.

What I loved the most, was that all three characters were mature and genuine. And the connection they formed, forged a bond that was distinctive, touching, and heartwarming. I literally felt their bond. It was tangible, and it shone like a beacon throughout the entire novel.

Actually the entire concept of this novel was fascinating, and utterly addicting. TRO is a change of genre for the authors, and for that they did an amazing job. The world building was impeccable, and as I mention the plot was masterfully crafted.

But I must admit it took me a little to get into the story. Mainly because I needed to become comfortable with the premise and to warm up to the characters. It was almost like I was the forth entity in this relationship. All of us needed time to get to grips with what was happening and to warm up to the idea that everything changed and none of us new what was to come. Now, after finishing this book, I'm left wondering, hoping, cheering, and waiting until book 2. I have so many questions that need to be answered, and I can't wait to see what will happen next.

Book 2 will be one of my most highly anticipated books in 2019 and I'm counting the weeks until I'll meet Court, Mykal and Franny again.

✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵ ✦ ✷ ✫ ✷ ✦ ✧ ✵ ✧ ✵

If you want to chat with me about books, find me on Instagram

For more of my reviews:
My Blog: Book Twins Reviews
Facebook Blog Page
Twitter

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raging Ones.

July 16, 2016 – Shelved