C.G. Drews's Reviews > Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts by Colleen Oakes
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Queen of Hearts.

July 15, 2016 – Started Reading
July 15, 2016 – Shelved
July 15, 2016 –
page 101
33.01% "This doesn't even feel like Wonderland. Where are the creatures? The madness? The wildness? WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS BOOK'S FACE OMG."
July 16, 2016 – Shelved as: magical-fantasy
July 16, 2016 – Shelved as: read-2016
July 16, 2016 – Shelved as: retelling
July 16, 2016 – Shelved as: young-adult
July 16, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)

message 1: by Jaz (new)

Jaz I knew I didn't buy this book for a reason.

message 2: by Alexa (new)

Alexa Ugh man I was so excited for this book! I even requested it on Edelweiss. IDK if I want to check it out but I probably still might because my whole being is constantly looking for Wonderland stuff good or bad.

Kim at Divergent Gryffindor Ugh, I was so disappointed with this one as well! Nothing happened and the characters are so flat. Gah!

Alyce Hunt I borrowed this one from the library yesterday, but I'm torn over whether to read it or not. Tempted to just wait for Heartless to come out, because they sound fairly similar.

message 5: by Cris (new)

Cris Aww I was looking forward to reading this but now I'm having second thoughts :/

Autumn Bridges I was so excited to buy and read this book and it turned out so disappointing! I expected a lot more than I got. I agree with your statement about the characters being bland.

Monica I just saw your review and I feel the same way about Wonderland and re-tellings! I think you might be interested in Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Tory Ezell do you have any Wonderland themed book recommendations?
i've read Heartless, Splintered and Alice in Zombieland but am constantly trying to seek out more.
After Alice is on my list since I loved Wicked but the reviews on it keep putting me off.

message 9: by C.G. (new) - added it

C.G. Drews @Tory: I liked Mad About the Hatter! And I didn't really like The Looking Glass Wars, but it's still an Alice retelling so maybe check it out? There's also Queen of Hearts...oh and RoseBlood is a Phantom of the Opera retelling, but it's the same author as Splintered (!!) so you might like it too!!

message 10: by Nora (new)

Nora Grace ♌️ Honestly reading this review was better than considering reading the book, so thank you! LOL This cracked me up

message 11: by Veronikah (new) - added it

Veronikah I'm going to assume you didn't like the book haha (I'm cleaning up my tbr shelf here and checking friends' reviews and saw this one like this xD)