Izabelle's Reviews > The Dead of Haggard Hall

The Dead of Haggard Hall by Marie Treanor

Jul 15, 2016

I'm always down for a Gothic romance. The allure of all the mysteries and supernatural, along with a haunting and broken hero? Yup, sign me up for it, I'm in!

Ms. Treanor took her main characters to the perfect Gothic setting: a haunted castle. Our heroine, Barbara Darke can see ghosts and she's there to help a friend. Someone - or something - is behind a murder that needs to be solved.

Of course not everyone truly believes Barbara can do all that, especially our anti-hero-turned-hero, Patrick - the typical Gothic romance male lead that ends up winning you over.

But he decides to help Barbara and things get more and more complicated. They get more questions instead of answers and things start heating between the two of them. And boy, does it make you fan yourself!

This is, without a doubt, the perfect start to a new series I will be reading; I actually can't wait to dive into book two, see what else happens, what will our characters do.

4.5 stars because I really liked it, I enjoyed it a lot! I want to thank the author for the copy given in exchange for my honest review.

P.S. I loved the ending!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead of Haggard Hall.