Elena's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel

May 21, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: are-you-kidding-me, someday-i-will-defeat-you

Too much the same teen crap.

--- Review edited, February 2 2012.

I read this book last year and I'm still trying to forget.
Alyson Noel, are you kidding me.

I read book two and part of book three, in the vain hope that this would get better. A friend of mine had recommended it to me and she was loving this series, so even though it didn't inspire me in the least I decided to try it. I still wonder what the hell is her idea of 'good'. Let alone 'awesome'.

The thing that irks me is that these "writers" get acclaimed and become 'best seller authors' with this crap.
Ever is a plain boring girl for whom no one cares about except for her mentally unstable "best friend" (that is still to clarify, considering her behavior) and her other gay friend.
That said, you have to know that she was really popular once.
A perfect Elena Gilmore, but since this is another series, you will not mention that.
It all changed when she had this tragic, tragic accident and her whole family ended up dead. Except her. Poor, poor girl.

Now, we have this unpopular girl dressing like a pumpkin in her new Long Beach school, since she had to move to her aunt's house.
All is well with her miserable life, until Damen appears.
He's the tragically gorgeous but unreachable dude you always meet in series.
Anyway, he has some special trait---oh who am I kidding, this is the most fuckable storyline ever.
He doesn't do a thing to make Ever fall in love with him, but of course she does! What did you expect?
And I was still okay with that, hoping we would at least get something better going on with the book.
And here Alyson Noel surprises us!
Damen is not a vampire!! Oh, no, he laughs at the idea.
He's an IMMORTAL!
Which is basically a vampire without the blood-drinking issue.
But Alyson Noel was so smart at creating a new hero who's not the typical one.
Please.

But the best point comes towards the end: You see, after Ever has hammered our head multiple times telling us how she hates Damen, she finally reveals to us that in the end, she knew she'd loved him from the beginning.
Are you fucking kidding me.

I am horrified.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.

Started Reading
January 1, 2011 – Finished Reading
May 21, 2011 – Shelved
June 20, 2012 – Shelved as: are-you-kidding-me
June 20, 2012 – Shelved as: someday-i-will-defeat-you

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica I'm surprised you even got through this book. It sounds horrible.

Elena Believe it or not, I even read the second one.
It is horrible, at least for me, but there was this friend of mine who kept pushing me, saying it was nice. I should've known better. :/

Lydia Strope LOL! I ended up reading the whole series hoping that it got better, but it didn't. My friends were just SO adamant about me reading them that I did, but they were a waste of time :p

Elena I feel you, sister. I tried, too, but I had to stop in the middle of book three. I just couldn't go on. I admire you for reaching the end of it. lol.

Lydia Strope Hahaha I'm surprised I even made it to the end. I'm pretty sure when I finished the last book there was a sigh of relief! If its possible, the series just got worse as it continued.