Cianna Sunshine & Mountains Book Reviews's Reviews > Bleed Like Me

Bleed Like Me by Madison Daniel

bookshelves: reviews-for-nerd-girl, arc, favorites

Holy F**k! What a book! I'm ashamed to say I've only read two of Madison Daniel's books.. because he is a master storyteller. He weaves a narrative, so lush, so remarkable, that you just can't believe it isn't real. He blends real world with mythology in this book, and uses music to meld the two together. It's an outstanding novel with so many beautifully orchestrated details that you don't even care that one of the main characters remains nameless through the whole book....

Rumor is a fantastic MC. I often find it hard to read a female MC written by a male, but Madison nailed it. She's the right mix of vulnerable, tough, creative, sexy and smart. She has a giant heart but she guards it pretty firmly. Joella is her best friend, her sister, the one who pulls Rumor to the wild side and shakes up her life. They are a fantastic pair. You can just feel how real they are. You either have a friend like Joelle, or you are her! ;)

Finishing this book, and organizing my thoughts has been such a challenge. I freaking loved it. I LOVED it. It was beautiful. It was lush, it was gorgeous, it was hedonistic at times. It blended it's unique vampire lore, with other tales, and presented it to us as something so unique and different that you just keep reading. You never want this world to fade because it makes our daily world a bit grayer. Fantastic book, and the only downside to an ARC, you have an even longer wait for the next one.

Madison, you rock. thoroughly and completely. This book was perfection, and I am under it's spell. Amazing!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bleed Like Me.

July 15, 2016 – Started Reading
July 15, 2016 – Shelved
July 15, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 15, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
July 15, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 15, 2016 – Shelved as: reviews-for-nerd-girl
July 15, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
July 15, 2016 –
70.0% "This book is beyond fantastic. You all need this as soon as it comes out. I'm flying through it."
July 29, 2016 – Finished Reading