Jamie King's Reviews > The Field of Fight: How We Can Win the Global War Against Radical Islam and Its Allies

The Field of Fight by Michael T. Flynn

bookshelves: military

To quote Hillary Clinon/Saul Alinsky, "There is only the fight"

The book focuses on modern military strategy. I was hoping for and expecting a profile on ISIS, summaries given are brief meant to supply context.

Most important is Flynn's recognition of the ideological battle that must be one. This is a very important distinction that has been ignored but must be made before any force can become victorious.

An expanded review focused on military strategy:
Flynn brings us through developments in intelligence gathering beginning with his experience in as a troop on the ground.

American war in the middle east 2003 to present is heavily profiled.

Affirmation of Obama administration's politics over military goals creating/allowing terrorism to resurge (2012 campaign lies ie 9-11-2012 + pulling troops out of afganistan without any military endorsement)

The US militaries utilization of technology and sharing communication is virtually non-existent.

The field of fight is all around us. In today's world it is either kill or be killed. Live free or eventually die.

America's highest ranking general makes it very clear. The culture wars are real. What intellectuals say and our actions can be more important than wars. They can prevent them or in maybe in the future finally end them.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Field of Fight.

July 15, 2016 – Shelved