Aimee (Aimee, Always)'s Reviews > Beautiful Chaos

Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia

May 20, 2011

bookshelves: covergasm, ending-sucked

If I thought the first two Caster Chronicles books were good, Beautiful Chaos was awesome!

----

Synopsis:
Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What - or who - will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?
For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself - forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.

-----

Honestly: I cried six times total throughout the book.

When I first read the blurb and I saw the part that said "And this time there won't be a happy ending", my hopes of a fairy tale ending burned.

Ridley was a really depressing character in this one. One of the scenes where I cried was when (view spoiler) Damn these twists!

And surprisingly, the infamous John Breed returns! And guess what? (view spoiler)

This installment of the Caster Chronicles series really had twists and turns everytwhere. It was heartbreaking.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Chaos.

Quotes Aimee (Aimee, Always) Liked

Margaret Stohl
“When I first met you, that's what I remember. I looked up at the sky and thought, I'm going to love this person because even the sky looks different.”
Margaret Stohl, Beautiful Chaos

Kami Garcia
“It was crazy how a hearse and a pair of sneakers could cheer a guy up.”

Margaret Stohl
“In the end, the Wheel crushes us all.”
Margaret Stohl, Beautiful Chaos

Kami Garcia
“I'll love you until the day after forever.”

Kami Garcia
“The mortal world is in a state of Beautiful Chaos and destruction, which will ultimately lead to an exquisite end.”

May 20, 2011 – Shelved