Cathy's Reviews > Babyville

Babyville by Jane Green

May 20, 2011

bookshelves: audiobooks, family-parenting, new-york, british-chick-lit, overdrive-media, library

Cute story. This was my first book by Jane Green and I loved the audio version; The narator had a beautiful voice, appropriate accent and excellent elocution. What I really loved about this story was the merging of characters and events. The story began with Mark and Julia, a couple who have dated for a long time; they are trying desperately to have a baby to no avail. Julia blames Mark and takes off for NYC for some downtime with a girlfriend. In the meantime, Mark meats Maeve, an up and coming business woman, who could be Julia's exact opposite. They hit it off immediately and after a one-night stand; Maeve finds out she's pregnant. Devastated, not ready and definitely not intersted in caring for a baby, Maeve decides her only option is abortion - unless her Mother and Mark have anythign to say about it. What unravels is a great story about people growing up, becoming friends, lovers, confidantes and finding themselves, love and happiness. Entertaining. I'm definitely going to check out more of JG's audios n the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Babyville.