Jennifer Lane's Reviews > Tempting Jo

Tempting Jo by Nancee Cain

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, contemporary-romance, forbidden-romance, series, funny

Nancee Cain Tempts Readers

...with her quirky heroines, hot-as-sin angels, southern charm, and cheeky humor. The wonderful characterization of Saving Evangeline continues in this story, featuring a young woman, Jo, who's torn between the bad boy (Luc, her boss) and the good boy (Rafe, her guardian angel).

The story begins when angel Gabriel summons angel Raphael to God's chambers, telling Raphael not to make Him wait long.

"He's already pretty upset. He hasn't been able to crack level 666 on that candy game He plays on His phone."

"That's bizarre. I mean if anyone could, He could."

"You know how He is. He likes to experience what frustrates the humans."

This is precisely why I don't play Candy Crush!!!

God sends Raphael on a mission to rescue Jo from her lecherous, soul-sucking boss. Rafe already knows Jo from helping her through her abusive childhood. God urges him to take a little vacation on Earth afterwards.

"You need to live a little, Raphael. Everyone needs time off to relax. Even I took the seventh day to -- how do they say it now? -- chillax?"

I love God. :-D

Jo has a boss from hell but dang is he devilishly delicious. Butter my biscuit; he looks good enough to eat. He wines and dines her; makes her knees weak. Jo considers succumbing to his charms.

Not if heavenly handsome Rafe has anything to say about it. He calms and protects Jo, but seems to hold back from a physical relationship.

Too late, Rafe realizes he has deep feelings for Jo. I'm no stranger to love. Look at Who I work for. He's the Author of it. He's not supposed to fall in love with a human. How will this supernatural conundrum unfold? Will he follow God's plan, or will he wing it?

The twist leaves me curious about the relationship between God and the devil. Things that make you go hmm.

Well done, Nancee! Excellent writing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting Jo.

July 14, 2016 – Shelved