Kara's Reviews > The Noble Servant

The Noble Servant by Melanie Dickerson

bookshelves: got-review-copy

my rating is 3.5-4
Journey. Betrayal. Survival. Faith. Vindication. Oh and some geese! This was a wonderful story, but for some reason it just didn’t grab my attention until almost halfway through and this is the first time I’ve experienced not relating to the main character in a Dickerson book.

I loved Magdalene’s faith, her heart, and her dedication to her people. Yet I really didn’t see her character growth until much later. She couldn’t believe the evil that forces her to become a servant and even though she has a tremendous heart, she is also very resentful until later on.

I thought Steffan was adorable and gentlemanly even in his misery of being demoted to a servant in his own home. Even though he wasn’t nice to Magdalene at first, you can tell he’s a natural leader and a decent person. It was very sad all that he had to lose, but it was a pleasure to watch his journey to getting justice.

I also greatly enjoyed how Magdalene prays throughout the story, she really learns to trust God in the unfair treatment she receives!

Courage. Duty. True Identity. Happy Ending! This was not my favorite Dickerson book, but it’s still a great read with plenty of adventure and two beautiful souls who find their faith in the midst of unexpected hardship.

I want to thank the publisher for the review copy provided via Netgalley. The thoughts expressed are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Noble Servant.

July 14, 2016 – Shelved