A's Reviews > Six Month Rule

Six Month Rule by A.J. Pine

Jul 12, 2016

bookshelves: arc, contemporary, a-j-pine, kingston-ale-house

ARC received in exchange for an honest review ;)

it was more of a 3,75 stars read for me but I rounded it up because... math ;) I really loved the writing style, although had some problems with the heroine... but Will... I was totally swooning over him and his accent ;) it was a short and sweet contemporary romance, and you will get all my thoughts and feelings about it in my full review on my stop at the blog tour ;)

edited to add my full review :)

I got my hands on the ARC of this book and I quite enjoyed it :) yeah, I had some issues with it, but I will discuss it in more details in a moment :) first I need to tell you, that even though it's a second book in a series, it works perfectly well as a standalone :) although characters from that previous story appear here, you don't need to read their book to enjoy this one :) more about them a bit later :) for now let me tell you more about this book :)

I need to start with the main couple... because Will... *swoon* ;) I loved him... :) he's this charming guy with a british accent so naturally I was practically drooling whenever he was saying stuff even though I've read an e-book so I couldn't really hear him... ;) but I have a very good imagination :) and everytime he was saying "May I...?" I was like "yes, yes,,, all the yeses... " ;) don't judge me, you'll understand this reaction once you read the book :) he agreed to a contract, to spend six months in Chicago, so then later he can take time off to spend with his daughter, after missing the first few years of her life because of work... both he and Holly are PR specialists, and they need to work together to prepare a show for a client during that time... and about Holly... I couldn't really connected with her... I don't know exactly why, because it's not like I hated her, but... maybe it's because I wasn't really a fan of her "six months" rule... as in, every relationship she starts, she states at the beginning that it will last only this long at the latest... so that both sides can enjoy the "honeymoon phase" and split ways before the feelings sizzle out... I don't really get it, because in my opinion it's sort of a coward way out... to run off before things get to complicated... but she does grow as a person toward the end of the book, so... ;) I liked them together, although I think I would enjoy their story more if we would get a bit more actual interactions between them throughout the time this story takes place... cause we do a bit of skipping throughout the book, months go by pretty quickly, and I missed seeing a bit more development between them from this attraction to something more... :)

Now about some secondary characters... :) there's Brynn, Holly's sister and her boyfriend Jamie :) they are actually the main couple from that first book I mentioned before :) but like I said, it's not necessary for you to read their story if you want to start with this one instead ;) but after meeting them here I am definitely curious about how they got together so I'm absolutely checking that book out at some point... in the future... it will happen ;) hey, my #BookMountain is huge enough, and it definitely doesn't help when I only keep adding more and more books to it ;) as to some other people in this book Sophie, Will's six-year-old daughter was absolutely lovely :)

All in all I gave this book 3,75 stars, although I rounded it up to full 4 because, well... math ;) by all means, don't be discouraged from trying it out, just because I had some issues with it :) I absolutely loved the writing style of this new to me author, and I will definitely check out her other books :) because if I love the writing style, but have issues about the story or the character, it's usually just the case of personal preferences, and I always go back to read other books written by that person :) so if you are in the mood for a contemporary romance that will make you swoon in all the right places... ;) and yeah, who are we kidding, pretty much every time Will opens his mouth ;) if you want a book about a heroine who is afraid of falling in love but ultimately overcomes it... a story with a sweet ending, then definitely give this book a try :)

XOXO

A

for more book-ish stuff visit:
my blog -> https://bookworm8619.blogspot.com
my facebook page -> https://facebook.com/bookworm8619
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Month Rule.

July 12, 2016 – Shelved
July 12, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 12, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
July 15, 2016 – Started Reading
July 16, 2016 –
17.0% "I just started this book but already I'm really enjoying it ;) I'm predicting it's gonna be a very quick read ;)"
July 16, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary