Maria Dimitrova's Reviews > Archangel's Shadows

Archangel's Shadows by Nalini Singh

bookshelves: angels-and-demons, br-bbb, br-bbb-2016, buddy-reads, fantasy, urban-fantasy

Wednesday buddy read with the UF freaks over at BB&B.

JANVIER AND ASHWINI'S BOOK!!!

These two intrigued me from the first time I read about them back in Archangel's Blood. I absolutely fell in love with them when I read the short story that features them and I wanted to see them in a full length novel ever since. Now I got my wish and it was bloody amazing!

Janvier's seductive ways and Ashwini's quick wit - the perfect combination. But there are depths to both of them and having a chance to see beneath the surface made me appreciate them even more. These two wonderful characters totally deserved their HEA. And for a long time in this book I was worried they won't get it. In the previous books it was mentioned that Ash has a gift but it turns out it's more of a curse. But she won't let it stop her from living and once she admitted the truth to Janvier they embraced life together.

The romance is a slow burn, their courtship stretched over years (and what a courtship it was!). The background for this amazing journey was a bloody investigation, a search for a mysterious monster (yes! I was right for what the monster is!) and the connection with a new designer drug for the Made. Following the end of the first major battle in the on going war between Raphael and Lijuan the emotions run high and there's a hell of a lot adrenaline with no outlet. The latter is a dangerous thing for the vampires as it brings out the predator in them. Here we saw an even darker side of the near immortals with their clubs and cattle. A disturbing picture but, oh, so fascinating one. With so many hunters becoming permanent part of the Tower, the view of mortals is slowly changing in the minds of the Seven and their sire. They start to see their value and that they are worth protecting. And it's the vampires that live in that darker world that the mortals need protection from. The old Raphael, the one i couldn't stand, wouldn't have cared. The new one, the one that's a little bit mortal, cares and is willing to do something about it. And this endeared him to me even more.

As much as I loved the main couple, I have to admit that Naasir stole the number one character spot for this book. He hijacked every single scene he was in and I just can't wait for his very own book. And now that he's on the hunt for a mate I'm sure he'll have a book of his own :)

To all my friends that share this journey with me, thank you, and I'll see you all next Wednesday.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Shadows.

July 11, 2016 – Shelved
November 6, 2016 – Shelved as: buddy-reads
November 6, 2016 – Shelved as: fantasy
November 6, 2016 – Shelved as: urban-fantasy
November 6, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Fantastic review, Maria!! :-)

Maria Dimitrova Joanita wrote: "Fantastic review, Maria!! :-)"

Thanks, Jo!

Eon ♒Windrunner♒  Great review Maria!

Maria Dimitrova Eon ♒Windrunner♒ wrote: "Great review Maria!

I just read Jo's before yours and it seems that we are all very much looking forward to Naasir's book. :D"

He's a fan favourite :)