Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》's Reviews > This Savage Song

This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

liked it

I freaking love the title of this book!

3.5 STARS

"I am Sunai.
I am holly fire.
And if i have to burn
the world to cleanse it,
so help me,
i will."

Just want to put it out there, my favorite character wasn't Kate, or August, IT WAS LEO! But i'm not going to talk about the plot or the characters. It's better if you find out yourself.

This was a decent read. As always, i enjoyed Victoria's writing, but something was missing. It just wasn't as epic as her other books. I still applaud you, Schwab, for coming up with yet another unique and astonishing story. It's not easy these days. I feel like most books i read have that same old plot, cliche characters, especially in YA. It also could be challenging for an author to write multiple books that aren't similar. Victoria Schwab writes 'em like a pro! Though This Savage Song was just okay, i am super excited about Our Dark Duet. I saw this more like a prequel. Shit is about to go down. That ending gave me the chills. Can't wait.

I've been watching her interviews lately, there is a chance i might be in love with that woman.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Savage Song.

July 10, 2016 – Shelved
July 10, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 30, 2016 –
page 50
10.78% " "VERSE 1\n MONSTER, MAY I?" \n \n OH, YOU MAY!!! \n Tell me why I'm listening to Michael Jackson while reading this?" (ebook Edition)
August 4, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
October 7, 2016 – Started Reading
October 8, 2016 –
33.0% "August is a peach!! Aww that cat scene warmed my heart." (ebook Edition)
October 10, 2016 –
45.0% "Man, I love Kate but DON'T FUCK WITH THE PUPPY! August is just precious. <3" (ebook Edition)
October 10, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)

Remi Foliage haha, I want to read this book because of the cover, too

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 I want to read this because this author is just amazing! <3

Michelle Yang i got this sitting on my shelf waiting to be read hopefully this summer!

message 4: by Aya (new)

Aya Hamza I got this book a week ago, but with the UK cover, and I hate it. :((

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Michelle wrote: "i got this sitting on my shelf waiting to be read hopefully this summer!"

MICHEELE!!! Girl, we need to read this book asap!

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Aya wrote: "I got this book a week ago, but with the UK cover, and I hate it. :(("

OHH no, what was the reason you didn't enjoy it? Was it the character? Plot? Or the writing? I really hope i like it.

message 7: by Zaira (new) - added it

Zaira I have to read this book asap. I have very high expectations. And the cover really is BEAUTIFUL. After "Vicious", I expect only greatness by this author :)

Lauren I actually bought a paperback copy and I much prefer the White cover to the red one!!

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Zaira wrote: "I have to read this book asap. I have very high expectations. And the cover really is BEAUTIFUL. After "Vicious", I expect only greatness by this author :)"

I HAVE VICIOUS BUT STILL HAVEN'T READ IT YET! I know, shame on me!! Have you read her other series, A Darker Shade o Magic?

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Lauren wrote: "I actually bought a paperback copy and I much prefer the White cover to the red one!!"

I bet! My Barnes and Noble only had hard cover. :(
Have you started reading it yet?

message 11: by ;3 (new)

;3 IT'S DEAN. Say no more

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 DEAN IS EVERYTHING!!

message 13: by Zaira (new) - added it

Zaira Kainat Ijaz wrote: "Zaira wrote: "I have to read this book asap. I have very high expectations. And the cover really is BEAUTIFUL. After "Vicious", I expect only greatness by this author :)"

I HAVE VICIOUS BUT STILL ..."

You should read Vicious asap.

No, I haven't read her other series and I KNOW, I SHOULD READ ASAP!!

Catarina (TravelerBetweenWorlds) I love every single word of this book and NO ROMANCE makes it even more perfect!! I can't wait for to enjoy it because it's so worth it!!

message 15: by destini mia (new)

destini mia Starting this one, too!!

message 16: by Kainat (last edited Jul 11, 2016 07:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Zaira wrote: "Kainat Ijaz wrote: "Zaira wrote: "I have to read this book asap. I have very high expectations. And the cover really is BEAUTIFUL. After "Vicious", I expect only greatness by this author :)"

I HAV..."

Bahaha reading Vicious right after this one!

message 17: by Kainat (last edited Jul 11, 2016 07:09PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Catarina wrote: "I love every single word of this book and NO ROMANCE makes it even more perfect!! I can't wait for to enjoy it because it's so worth it!!"

Yayy!! I'm seeing mixed reviews on it. I know Victoria's style. She never rushes through anything, not even romance, That's why i love her so much. :D

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie wrote: "Starting this one, too!!"

YAYYYYYYY!!! I am so excited and scared at the same time! Goood luck to us!

message 19: by destini mia (new)

destini mia Kainat Ijaz wrote: "Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie wrote: "Starting this one, too!!"

YAYYYYYYY!!! I am so excited and scared at the same time! Goood luck to us!"

SAME!! Praying we make it out of this alive ;)

message 20: by Zaira (new) - added it

Zaira Can't wait to see what you think of this one!!

Sandra Hope you have better luck at it than I did. ;)

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Zaira wrote: "Can't wait to see what you think of this one!!"

Fingers crossed!

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Aria (My Infinite Reading List) wrote: "Hope you have better luck at it than I did. ;)"

I hope so too, Aria!!! <3

Jenny Happy reading!<3

Chantal  (Every Word A Doorway) I hope you like it! Fingers crossed!

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Jenny wrote: "Happy reading!<3"

Thank you, trying to keep my expectations low. ;)

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Chantal wrote: "I hope you like it! Fingers crossed!"

So do i!! Thank you! <3

sreeja (hiatus) happy reading! hope you enjoy it :D

ambsreads I just started "Verse 2" hope you're enjoying it!!

message 30: by destini mia (new)

destini mia I'm literally so confused lol. I can't figure out what's happening but I'm hoping it all gets more clear since I'm only in Verse 1. So happy you're enjoying it, though!!

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 simplysreeja wrote: "happy reading! hope you enjoy it :D"

THANK YOU!! XD

message 32: by Kainat (last edited Jul 13, 2016 05:23PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Amber wrote: "I just started "Verse 2" hope you're enjoying it!!"

I wanted to finish this other book i was reading before starting this one. I'm done now, just started this. How are you liking it so far?

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Destini Mia~ ♕ Sassy Lassie wrote: "I'm literally so confused lol. I can't figure out what's happening but I'm hoping it all gets more clear since I'm only in Verse 1. So happy you're enjoying it, though!!"

I actually just started reading it. I'm okay with a confusing plot as long as characters are lovable. Let's see how this works out! HAPPY READING!!

ambsreads I think I'm liking it lol? I honestly have no idea, its a bit confusing for me but I hope I understand more the further I get in the book!

message 35: by Kainat (last edited Jul 13, 2016 05:39PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 That's good to hear! How are the characters?
hopefully i'll be able to catch up with you today. :D

ambsreads Kainat Ijaz wrote: "That's good to hear! How are the characters?
hopefully i'll be able to catch up with you today. :D"

The characters are super different!! Like, August is more closed off whereas I would say Kate is more badass! I do enjoy their personalities tbh

Lauren I have actually just finished it! Well, yesterday anyway. The story is really good and the writing was amazing... But for me personally, it felt like something was missing...

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Lauren wrote: "I have actually just finished it! Well, yesterday anyway. The story is really good and the writing was amazing... But for me personally, it felt like something was missing..."

Maybe that something was romance?

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Girl!! You must fix it ASAP! Start with anything. They are all crazy good. Her stories are refreshing and original. Her characters are to die for! I can go on forever.

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 It's super easy. Here, allow to help you out: GO FOR A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC!! That books is pure magic! I love it so much! Plus, that series has 2 books out already they are both equally facenating.

message 41: by Kainat (last edited Aug 01, 2016 04:06PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Yayy!! *dances with you*

message 42: by Pang (new) - added it

Pang Enjoy Kainat! ;)

Michelle Yang I hope you enjoy it!!! It's probably my most fave book from her so far :D

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Pang wrote: "Enjoy Kainat! ;)"

Thanks, Pnag. :)

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Michelle wrote: "I hope you enjoy it!!! It's probably my most fave book from her so far :D"

THANK YOU! Wow really? Even better than A Darker Shade of Magic?

♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔ Should this get put on my TBR?

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 I can't say anything yet. It's interesting and Victoria is one of my most favorite authors, but I'll let you know when I'm done with the book. ;)

Michelle Yang Honestly all the books I've read from her so far I rank really really REALLY close with each other but this one left me so emotional at the end of it...

♔ Dark Lordette Jennymort ♔ Kainat Ijaz wrote: "I can't say anything yet. It's interesting and Victoria is one of my most favorite authors, but I'll let you know when I'm done with the book. ;)"

Sounds good to me! =)

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》 Michelle wrote: "Honestly all the books I've read from her so far I rank really really REALLY close with each other but this one left me so emotional at the end of it..."

I liked this but Darker Shade still remains my favorite. :)

« previous 1