AH's Reviews > Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

May 19, 2011

bookshelves: dragons, fae, fantasy, first-in-series, own, zzread-july-2011, romance, shifters, sos-bookshelf-bingo
Read from July 23 to 26, 2011 — I own a copy

4 -4.5 stars...

Wow! Dragons are so hot!

What a nice break from reality.

Dragon Bound starts off with a theft from the dragon’s hoard. A brazen act accompanied by a small note of apology scrawled on the back of a receipt. Our dragon, the illustrious Dragos Cuelebre is angry but intrigued. Who is this thief? Suddenly, his existence is no longer boring. He must find the thief.

I’m beginning to understand why people love books about dragons. I loved the characterization of the dragon and his entourage. Not so hard to believe that he would be a successful businessman amassing wealth.

Dragos is your typical Alpha male. His roar can cause serious property damage. Dragos has some interesting powers. I loved how he found Pia through an erotically charged dream. Every description, every movement Dragos makes exudes sensuality.

Pia, our heroine, kept me guessing as to what she was. Her getting through locks was a very useful skill. I liked the fact that she wasn’t a damsel in distress. Pia had some great fight moves, too. I liked the fact that she took advantage of her situation, spreading Drago’s wealth to the local food banks. Pia says exactly what’s on her mind, often forgetting that all important brain filter. She is also introspective, and internalizes problems rather than communicating.

Dragos is fascinated by Pia. He is no longer bored by his existence. The sexual tension between these two ranked very high on the steamy meter. The love scenes were well done. I think I may have needed a fan…

There was some hilarious dialogue between Pia and Dragos. One memorable line:

“So is that your long, scaly reptilian tail or are you just happy to see me?”

Tricks, the Cuelebre Enterprises spokesperson and heir to the Dark Fae court made an excellent friend for Pia. One of my favorite scenes involved Pia and Tricks having a drunken dinner and Pia taking notes on napkins. Tricks is hilarious, especially when she asserts herself.

I’m looking forward to reading more about Tricks in the next book, Storm’s Heart.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bound.

07/23/2011 page 1
0.0% "Bookshelf Bingo - 4 star read shelf."
07/26/2011 page 60
19.0% ""So is that your long, scaly, reptilian tail, or are you just happy to see me?" - ::snicker::" 8 comments
07/26/2011 page 115
37.0% "

"You cringed from me. Don't ever cringe from me again."

"Dragos," she said in a sensible voice. "If you turn on me and snarl like a wild animal when I'm not expecting it, I think I might cringe again. Call me a girly girl if you want, but that's how it is."

"
07/26/2011 page 216
69.0% ""You're the sexiest guy I've ever seen, too. You know, your long, scaly, reptilian tail really is bigger than anybody else's. Not that I've been with many guys. Or was comparison shopping...Have I just gone over a conversational cliff?"" 1 comment
07/26/2011 page 310
99.0% "Oh, Dragos - that was beautiful! *heavy sigh*"

Wendy Darling Hah! Based on your status updates and this:

Wow! Dragons are so hot! LOL.

That would be enough for most people. ;)

message 2: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH My favorite scene - I'll use spoiler tags - not really a spoiler - it was heading to this moment:

(view spoiler)

*heavy sigh* I'm in love.

message 3: by Darkfallen (new) - added it

Darkfallen Wow....*swoon* I think I need this book!

message 4: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH It's one of those books that I didn't want to end...

Great characters, great chemistry, clever dialogue, beautiful descriptions, excellent world building.

message 5: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH I hope you enjoy it, Sarah.

Greta is Erikasbuddy EEEEEEEEE!! I want to read this!!

Great review!!

message 7: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH Thanks, Greta. It's a fun read.

Amazon80 I started this based on your review and I’m so glad I did. It’s so good. There’s no cheesy dialogue that I associated w/ most PNR. Pia’s reactions to his crazy possessiveness are NORMAL (aka Fuck you). Dragos is not all emo and self hating. And I love anything with a tall girl in it :-)

message 9: by AH (new) - rated it 4 stars

AH I'm so glad you enjoyed it, Amazon80! Pia did have normal reactions to Dragos' crazy possessiveness. I loved how she managed to calm him down when he saw her training with Rune.