Alison's Reviews > Wrong Question, Right Answer

Wrong Question, Right Answer by Elle Casey

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in return for an honest review.

I have a love-hate relationship with Elle Casey novels, some I adore and others I loathe - no middle ground. Until now ...

Much like the heroine Toni, I am flip-flopping about this review but I have finally decided.

May and Jenny are too irritating for words. Thank goodness my country doesn't allow us to carry guns because if it did I would have shot both of them, multiple times. They went well beyond the zany, kooky girls into Darwin Award territory.

Whilst I totally identified with Toni at the start and felt that Lucky was also likely to join May and Jenny on my 'next to be shot' list, she started to vacillate so much I started to get dizzy. She loves Lucky, she hates him. He is being unreasonable, he has a point. She knows what she can and can't do, she has been irresponsible. Ozzie has treated her unfairly, Ozzie has a point. She should meet Eunice face-to-face, meeting Eunice was a stupid idea. And so on.

The more I think about it the more Lucky felt like a cardboard cut out, honestly Toni was supposed to know how he felt because he kissed her in high school? Why not ask her out on a date? Why not tell her how you feel? Why not combine the two and say "hey, I like you, would you like to go for a drink, just the two of us?".

There appeared to be no attempt at a plot for the Bourbon Street Boys to solve. There was a gang-related case but it kind of disappeared from view only to pop up for no apparent reason towards the end of the book.

Overall, it was OK. I think I will give Elle Casey books a miss for a while, she seems to like to write 'kooky' characters who just make me want to stab myself in the eye.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrong Question, Right Answer.

July 10, 2016 – Started Reading
July 10, 2016 – Shelved
July 19, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)

message 1: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review sweetie :)

Alison Jessica's wrote: "Great review sweetie :)"

Thanks Jessica

message 3: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Deluca Good review - I was vacillating on requesting this but I think I'll pass.

Alison Ivy wrote: "Good review - I was vacillating on requesting this but I think I'll pass."

Thanks Ivy, I think if you liked the second book you would like this ...

message 5: by Ivy (new)

Ivy Deluca Alison wrote: "Ivy wrote: "Good review - I was vacillating on requesting this but I think I'll pass."

Thanks Ivy, I think if you liked the second book you would like this ..."

yeaaaah I one-starred that thing so, yep, hard pass. :) Thanks for the heads up!