J Aislynn d'Merricksson's Reviews > Axtelera Ray: The Chronicles of Astrone

Axtelera Ray by M.J.   Gallagher

32053434

***I received a copy of this preview in exchange for a fair and honest review.***

Axtelera Ray, written by MJ Gallagher and created by Alroy Jovi Prateek, grabs your attention right from the start, and doesn't let go. Such a tease, too, since it's just a preview. I want the whole book!

It is the year 2012, Athens, Greece and we begin the meat of the story by meeting Demitra, after a brief prologue that takes place India. A disappointing birthday ends on a mysterious note for young Demitra. She happens to be outside, having fled her party after getting the news her father would not be able to attend. This puts her in the perfect place, at just the right time, to end up the owner of a bluish crystal that fell into her lap out of the blue. Quite literally, in fact, as it rocketed over rooftops to end up in Demitra’s dessert.

She takes to wearing the jewel as a comfort, making a handmade beaded necklace to wear it on. Weeks pass with no further crystal weirdness. That is, no weirdness until the night of a penumbral eclipse. Demitra gets drawn into a parallel world where the mythology of Norse tradition isn't myth. It’s reality. Here the crystal has magickal powers, notably, the power to push back 'dark’ energy. What happens next? We'll just have to wait to find out. Arrggh!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Axtelera Ray.

Quotes J Aislynn Liked

M.J.   Gallagher
“Pacing back across the floorboards, she paused by the fireplace, a tingling sensation flirting with her.”
M. J. Gallagher, Axtelera Ray: The Chronicles of Astrone