Linda Strong's Reviews > The Black Lens

The Black Lens by Christopher Stollar

bookshelves: catlady-booklover, read-in-2016

Zoey James and her younger sister, Camille find themselves in big trouble. Invited to a party, and then drugged, someone is sending her texts showing Zoey and Camille naked and in various poses. In order to have those pictures deleted permanently, they find themselves forced into a sex ring.

Warned not to say anything to anyone, Zoey decides to try to escape. When her mother is murdered in retaliation for the failed escape, Zoey decides to fight back. Zoey is in a unique position to bring down wealthy and powerful men.

She and her sister will be free … or they will die.

Sex-trafficking is a dark subject and the author has done a remarkable job in getting a message across. Looking at his ‘resume’, it shows that he spent several years digging into this subject and it has paid off with an extraordinary book.

The main characters are singularly remarkable. I admire Zoey for the way she tries her best to protect her sister, who is a little slow. I cannot fathom how a mentally challenged girl would survive in that kind of environment. But both girls are fighters and I found myself rooting for them with everything I have.

Another main character, Aiden, gets a whiff of a story from a friend who happens to be a cop. He gets deeply involved and then gets mad when his family is threatened.

This was a very well-written compelling story.

Many thanks to the author / Booklover Catlady Publicity who provided a digital copy in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Lens.

July 8, 2016 – Started Reading
July 8, 2016 – Shelved
July 8, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
July 8, 2016 – Shelved as: catlady-booklover
July 8, 2016 – Shelved as: read-in-2016
July 8, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike Great review, Linda. Sounds rather disturbing in terms of the subject matter.

message 2: by Luffy (new)

Luffy I don't like sex in thrillers, but you make a compelling case for this book.

Linda Strong Mike wrote: "Great review, Linda. Sounds rather disturbing in terms of the subject matter."

Thank you! As the grandmother to a 17 year old female, I found it quite disturbing. If nothing else, this one makes you think about things you ordinarily never would

Linda Strong Luffy wrote: "I don't like sex in thrillers, but you make a compelling case for this book."

The sex is talked about and described somewhat... but not nearly as much as some romantic suspense I've read. I think the author did a great job in not going overboard.

Maxine (Booklover Catlady) Fabulous review Linda. Glad you enjoyed it as I did.

Maxine (Booklover Catlady) Linda wrote: "Luffy wrote: "I don't like sex in thrillers, but you make a compelling case for this book."

I totally agree, it's "just the right amount"

Linda Strong Maxine wrote: "Fabulous review Linda. Glad you enjoyed it as I did."

Thanks!