Exina's Reviews > Dropping a Stitch in Time

Dropping a Stitch in Time by Casey K. Cox

Dropping a Stitch in Time is the love story of an angel, Omar and a mortal man, Jesse. It is not clear why Omar is assigned to watch Jesse. It is forbidden to interact with his subject, but Omar finds Jesse fascinating and irresistible, so he starts dating him.

The beginning of the story is sweet and humorous, especially their first encounter.
“I don't think I'm familiar with that tune."
"Tune?" Jesse scooped up the remaining boxes and placed them carefully. "It's Lady Gaga. I can't have been bad enough for you not to recognise it."
"Can't say I've ever heard of her."
"Where have you been for the last forever? Even my gran has heard of Lady Gaga."
"Oh, I'm not really local."
"Dropped in like Paddington have you, from deepest, darkest Peru?"
"I'm sorry?"
"Never mind. I'm Jesse. Can I buy you a coffee and introduce you to the greatest pop goddess since Madonna?"
"I'm not supposed to mix with immortals. What realm is she from?"

Jesse is totally clueless. He is drawn to the mysterious and superhot angel like Winnie the Pooh to honey, but I don’t know what Omar sees in Jesse. Vague plot, undeveloped romance, minimal conflict, and sometimes pompous writing style – not my favorite things.
And he could finally grasp why Omar had been afraid. It was daunting to love someone so much. Scary. But there was nothing that compared. Jesse would sacrifice anything, everything for Omar. Omar was air, Omar was purpose, Omar was life itself. If life had meaning before Jesse couldn't remember it. But now, now he was complete.

All in all, I expected more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dropping a Stitch in Time.

July 7, 2016 – Started Reading
July 18, 2016 – Shelved as: no-angst-low-angst
July 18, 2016 – Shelved as: undeveloped-romance
July 18, 2016 – Shelved as: weak-plot-no-plot
July 26, 2016 – Shelved as: awful-cover

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Great honest review, Exina! ;)

Exina Arianna wrote: "Great honest review, Exina! ;)"

Thank you, Arianna! :)

message 3: by Sheziss (new)

Sheziss Great review, Exina. I know who Lady Gaga is, thank God, much not much beyond that :P .

message 4: by Pearl (new)

Pearl Angeli Great and honest review, Exina. Hope your next read will be better <3

Exina Sheziss wrote: "Great review, Exina. I know who Lady Gaga is, thank God, much not much beyond that :P ."

LOL, thanks, Sheziss! ♡

Exina Pearl wrote: "Great and honest review, Exina. Hope your next read will be better <3"

Thanks, Pearl! ♡

Truuss / Loveislovereview Bummer it wasn't what you hoped :( xx

Exina Truus wrote: "Bummer it wasn't what you hoped :( xx"

Thanks, dear! xx

message 9: by Jen (new)

Jen Wonderful and honest review dear Exina...xoxo You have yourself a super week hon...xoxo

message 10: by Judith (new)

Judith Great review,babe.Sorry it was disappointing,x

Exina Jen wrote: "Wonderful and honest review dear Exina...xoxo You have yourself a super week hon...xoxo"

Thank you, Jen! You too!

Exina Judith wrote: "Great review,babe.Sorry it was disappointing,x"

Thank you, darling!

message 13: by S.M. (new)

S.M. West Great honest review, Exina!

Exina Suzanne wrote: "Great honest review, Exina!"

Thanks, Suzanne! xx