Orient's Reviews > The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror

The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales o... by Robert Louis Stevenson

bookshelves: desperado, entertaining, fantasy, hero, historical, horror, killer, psychological

I quite enjoyed the adventure through the Tales of horror with creepy moments, interesting twists and some beating around the bush. The eternal fight between good and evil. A doomed personality with an inner fight between social acknowledgement and dark needs. My favorite tale is
“The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde”. It is one of the reasons why I chose this book. I saw some adaptations and wanted to reach the real core of the story. And what did I find? (view spoiler)
The second half of the story with all the revelations was really less interesting than the first half which had suspense and was spooky.
The other stories are quite enjoyable. I don't have much sympathy for the walking dead and body snatchers or let’s-do-something-stupid-and-make-everything-more-unnecessary-difficult stuff (the stories about the Prince), but the author’s artistic presentation is quite interesting and I quite enjoyed these stories. They are quite well-written and thought-provoking. The author evokes the fog-shrouded streets so convincingly that I could almost hear the horse's hooves, see the muddy streets.

Though not as frightening as it must have been to the readers in those times, but still a great classic horror book.
All in all the book is definitely not my favorite from Mr. Stevenson (“Treasure Island” is my BBFMC (Best Book From My Childhood)) but quite likable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Other Tales of Terror.

July 7, 2016 – Shelved
July 13, 2016 – Shelved as: horror
July 13, 2016 – Shelved as: killer
July 13, 2016 – Shelved as: psychological
July 13, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Awesome review, darling! ;)

Orient Arianna wrote: "Awesome review, darling! ;)"

Thanks, dear :)))))))

message 3: by Jessica's (new)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession Great review hun :)

Orient Jessica's wrote: "Great review hun :)"

Thanks, hon ;))))))))))

Orient Craig wrote: "Great review :) And i agree with what you say, love the images too ;)"

Thanks, Craig :))) Have you read the book earlier?

Orient Craig wrote: "Yes, trying to rate all the books i have read....again haha :)"

Lol, you have fun, in deed :D

message 7: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Great review.. so he had what I call short man complex? Love it!

Orient Craig wrote: "It's a fun nightmare :)"

Oh yeah, these are my favorites :D

Orient †Ðawn† wrote: "Great review.. so he had what I call short man complex? Love it!

"

Thanks, Dawn :))) I guess, he had it! The shorter, the meaner :D Maybe I should have offered a ladder to him? :D Oh my, I'm an occasional history freak, thanks for a pic with Nape, my hands are trembling, my eyes are twitching, now I'll need to read about him :D Fab, pic! :)

message 10: by Dawn (new)

Dawn Orient wrote: "†Ðawn† wrote: "Great review.. so he had what I call short man complex? Love it!

"