Danielle from Short and Sassy's Reviews > Six Month Rule

Six Month Rule by A.J. Pine

11938713

Oh how I loved this story!! First of all, I totally love AJ Pine and her books. She gives me all the feels, while writing a realistic story that you can relate to. 6 Month Rule was no different. In this story we had Will Evans, an English hottie who is sent to work in Chicago and do what he does best, fix problems. He no longer enjoys traveling around the work working for companies and making tons of money.. all because the one person who holds his heart is in England. That person is his daughter. Will promises his little girl that this is the last job he takes being away from her. As it is, he is now flying back every week to see her in England. The father/daughter relationship melted my heart. Will was so sweet to her and she was adorable.

There is a little problem in Will's plan. In Chicago he meets Holly. They are rivals who turn lovers fast. Holly doesn't do relationships. All her focus is on her career. She barely has time for friends. It is the perfect 6 month relationship between Holly and Will. They have a fling while Will is in the US, knowing her is going back to English in 6 months and the couple will cut their ties at the end of his 6 months there.

Their plan is simple, until both of the fall helplessly in love with each other, and they both are too afraid to admit it. What is the point if they will be living on 2 separate continents ??
Holly has never been in love, so this is all scary for her and Will doesn't want to let his daughter down by not keeping his promise to her. He has to go back to England. There is a 6 year old depending on him.

I adored this story. Parts of this book had my heartstrings being pulled out one at a time. If you are a parent, you can relate to Will's guilt over leaving his daughter. Even for a second. You also get all the feels for Holly who is so commuted to her work, her life is passing her by.

AJ Pine has written another hit. I love her style of writing and her stories. They are all so different and yet each one is a fantastic read for me!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Month Rule.

July 6, 2016 – Shelved