Laura Andreula's Reviews > Ever So Madly

Ever So Madly by J.R. Gray

Just when you think you have an author figured out, JR Gray throws the ultimate curve ball and delivers you into a whole new world. Ever So Madly is like nothing that I've read by him before - and I've read all of his published work.

We are introduced to a new world. A world of Emperors, Barons, and duty. Madden is a "scab" from Harden - a planet known for the mining of ore, who gets the golden ticket and is chosen to leave Harden and go off world to Trenton for classes and training. Jocelynn is the daughter of the Baron from the house of Akillie on Trenton. She is the perfect daughter, and the perfect baron-in-waiting. Jacob, her twin brother, is a rebel and while J (Jocelynn) does everything that is expected of her, Jacob does the opposite. Unlike his sister, Jacob knows he will not be the Baron's successor and is therefore free to be himself.

Two people who you would never expect to cross paths, let alone meet - do just that. With one look at J, Madden is hooked. Dare he lose focus from this once in a lifetime opportunity? No one has ever turned J's head before. "Love is for peasants. Nobles marry for power." That was the life J led. But Madden was different.

A modern day Romeo and Juliet - a love that was never meant to be, everyone and everything against them. Will Madden and J risk everything for a love that should and could never be?

You will need to pick up a copy of Ever So Madly to find out.

I will let you in on a little secret though - beware of the potential book crush on Jacob Jocelynn's brother.

I received an ARC from the author for my honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ever So Madly.

July 6, 2016 – Shelved