Cátia's Reviews > Six Month Rule

Six Month Rule by A.J. Pine

Jul 06, 2016

For more reviews click HERE

*I was provided a copy by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed The One that Got Away a few months ago but this one was so much better. I really liked the story and the characters in this one. I really liked Holly in the first book but I loved her in this one. Holly knows what she wants to do with her life and she knows she has to work a lot to get what she wants. She’s also a lot like her sister Brynn, a little less frustrating but she did remind me of Brynn a lot. Will is just amazing. If you describe a guy as a hot, british single dad chances are that I’m going to love him and that happened. I loved Will and how much she cared about being a good father. Like Holly, he had his priorities straight. While Holly wanted to be made partner in the company she worked Will wanted to be able to be a good father to his 6 year-old daughter and I loved it. I also loved their relationship and their chemistry. They were great together and I really enjoyed that it took some time for them to have feelings for each other.

I also really enjoyed to see the characters that were introduced in the first book but also the new characters. Sophie was a cutie and I loved her. She was a great daughter. But talking about characters from book one, I’m still waiting for a certain engagement. Can that happen please?? I want a wedding in this series :P.

Once again I really liked the writing. I loved that it had a dual POV because for me it is important to know what’s going on with both characters. I also really liked that the book was set in a time period of 6 months because we can see their relationship develop even more. It was a really nice touch.

Overall, this was an enjoyable read and even better than the first book. Once again I loved the characters created by A.J. Pine and I loved the story. Can’t wait to read the next book in this series (that I’m assuming it will be about Jeremy). I definitely recommend this book if you enjoy contemporary romances.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Month Rule.

July 6, 2016 – Started Reading