Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)'s Reviews > Six Month Rule

19975799
Jul 05, 2016

Read full review HERE

description

As you can see above, this is the second book of the Kingston Ale House series, and although you don’t need to have read the first book of the series, The One That Got Away, to understand the book at all, it still helps to get a better understanding of Holly and her group of friends.

I was already kind of familiar with A.J. Pine’s writing, and although it’s not exactly my favorite kind, it’s still pretty good. I think the book would have benefited if it had a bit more dialogue and a little bit less internal struggles, because the dialogue that existed was brilliant and showcased the characters amazingly well.

I absolutely loved the two main characters. I think I loved Will and Holly even more than Brynn and Jamie – and those were BFFs turned to lovers, which is a favorite of mine. I loved how sure Holly was of her priorities, even if she was wrong, because she didn’t take shit from anybody and she truly did shine. Will… I loved Will, I mean, the dude is british, hot and a dedicated single dad who uses 3 pieces suits?! Yeah… I’m a gonner… I really liked how dedicated he was to be a better father, even leaving his own wants and needs aside for it.

I really liked the progression of the romance and how it didn’t happen in 2 seconds. Yeah, there is an almost instant attraction, but their feelings develop through time and so does their relationship. I think Pine did this in a very smart way, showing glimpses of their relationship in the several months they were together, instead of making the narrative completely linear. The time jumps still allow for a complete understanding of their relationship, without it becoming too overbearing and repetitive.

The plot and conflict were kind of predictable, and so was the resolution, but it was very well written, so much so that it actually hurt a bit.

In the end, I really liked this book, and I enjoyed it more than the first book of the series – Holly is slightly less frustrating than her older sister. I can’t wait to see who comes next, I’m hoping it’s Jeremy’s book, and that maybe we’ll finally get a certain engagement? I do recommend this series, it’s good!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Six Month Rule.

July 5, 2016 – Started Reading