Amalia Gavea's Reviews > The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald

bookshelves: favorites, contemporary, chic-lit, european-literature

Sara, a young woman from Sweden, arrives in a small town of Iowa, named Broken Wheel. The name of the town is as quirky as its people. She wants to meet Amy, an elderly lady, who has been her pen - pal for quite some time. When an unexpected event changes Sara's plans, she decides to stay in this strange town and share her deep love for books with the residents of Broken Wheel. She shows them that, perhaps, Literature has some solutions to their problems (no matter how big or small), while she struggles to step away from her comfort zone, to find her own answers and discover herself.

It is a heart-warming story, full of lively, interesting characters, an apotheosis of the way our love for reading can influence, even change, our lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend.

Finished Reading
July 5, 2016 – Shelved
July 30, 2016 – Shelved as: favorites
August 1, 2016 – Shelved as: chic-lit
August 1, 2016 – Shelved as: contemporary
August 1, 2016 – Shelved as: european-literature

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)

message 1: by Konstantin (new) - added it

Konstantin Your review is actually what convinced me to start this one. :) Very humoristic and relatable so far, just what I needed after a stressful week at school (I'm glad it all passed well).

And you should probably make a correction in the first paragraph - it's Amy, not Anne.

Amalia Gavea Konstantin wrote: "Your review is actually what convinced me to start this one. :) Very humoristic and relatable so far, just what I needed after a stressful week at school (I'm glad it all passed well).

And you sho..."

Amalia Gavea Helen Ροζουλί Εωσφόρος wrote: "💙💜💙💜👍🏻"

Από τις μεγάλες μου αδυναμίες αυτό το βιβλίο¨)

°°°·.°·..·°¯°·._.· ʜᴇʟᴇɴ Ροζουλί Εωσφόρος ·._.·°¯°·.·° .·°°° ★·.·´¯`·.·★ Ⓥⓔⓡⓝⓤⓢ Ⓟⓞⓡⓣⓘⓣⓞⓡ Ⓐⓡⓒⓐⓝⓤⓢ Ταμετούρο   Αμ Φαίνεται και απο την υπέροχη κριτική σου.
😉🙌🏻📚💙💙

Theresa So glad you loved this one! It's definitely one of my favorites

Amalia Gavea Helen Ροζουλί Εωσφόρος wrote: "Φαίνεται και απο την υπέροχη κριτική σου.
😉🙌🏻📚💙💙"

Σ'ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ, Ελένη μου:)

Amalia Gavea Theresa wrote: "So glad you loved this one! It's definitely one of my favorites"

I agree, Theresa:)